Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
dcloko_BR
Accepted Solution

How to make the ThinkVantage blue button work?

Hello everyone

My X20 tablet (model 74508HP) came with Windows Vista installed! I formatted the hard drive, deleted all partitions and installed Windows 7. But now, the ThinVantage blue button does not work!! I have already installed all the driver (I think!). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: How to make the ThinkVantage blue button work?

It seems, that at the moment no Thinkvantage Tool under Windows 7 exists, which will be accessed by the ThinkVantage-Button, since the Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox has been cancelled last week.

Under Windows 2000 up to Vista there still exists the ThinkVantage Productivity-Center

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Punch Card
dcloko_BR

Re: How to make the ThinkVantage blue button work?

So there's nothing I can do? The button is unusable

Agotthelf
Topics: 146
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 182

[ Edited ]

Hello dcloko_BR,

I downloaded and installed Lenovo´s The Lenovo Solution Center and now the solution center starts after pressing the blue button. Perhaps give it a try.

Edit: Upps sorry, only newer models are supported according to the readme.txt.

Best regards

Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

DAF
802.11n
DAF

[ Edited ]

In my T61, the Blue Thinkvantage button function is found in the Registry (Windows 7):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\TPHOTKEY\8001

Populate the Default and File Keys with the path of the application you want to run with the blue button.

In my T61 I use it to run the Rescue & Recovery application but you can use it to run any application you want.

See if you have that registry key and give it a try! Good luck!

PS.If you are not versed in working with the Registry make sure you make a backup before modifying any keys!

E420, i5, 8GB, 500GB/7200, 32GB mSATA, Win 8.1 Pro x64
T61, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid, Win 8.1 Pro x64
Token Ring
bladebarrier

Is there still a place to download the older toolbox?

I just received my X220t, and it had it on there from the original install. I then did a fresh install of Windows and suddenly realized that it had been removed from the site.

I guess it's not a big deal, but I honestly preferred the layout to the new one, and I liked the hard drive analysis that helped me spot temporary/installation files and junk that I no longer needed. 

Token Ring
kent1968

I noticed my blue Button was not working either.  I went to download and reinstall ThinkVantage Toolbox and noticed that the LSC is now available but not ThinkVantage toobox.   I did no delete my ThinkVantage Toolbox and none of the documentation said to do so.

I installed LSC (Which I do not prefer over the prior version) but got no Blue Button working.   So when I installed LSC it did not associate with the button.

I deleted my partition that had the backup software to reclaim space.

At any rate, what should a normal user see when they click on the Blue Button?  Isn't the Blue Button also supposed to work when you boot the system if you need it to?

Token Ring
bladebarrier

I can't help with your question regarding the blue button not working, because it worked with the toolbox for me, as well as the new lenovo replacement for the toolbox. I would assume it's some registry setting, but I don't know if the usual suspects like driver sweeper will find it. Maybe try uninstalling the solution center, rebooting, and re-installing it manually, or go back to using the toolbox since you prefer it.

I can however tell you that if you prefer the toolbox, there are 3rd party locations to download it. 

Send me a PM if you need it, because I'm not sure Lenovo wants us linking it here (it looks like they made their own version to replace it). 

In all honesty, after about 2 weeks with this machine I'm considering removing most of the Lenovo software anyways. A lot of it isn't needed, or even causes more problems than it's worth. Some of it doesn't even really check your hardware to know if you need it (for example, it wants to put on the HDD shock protection even though I only have an SSD, and it wants to apply a worse driver than windows already has for my wifi).

Fanfold Paper
rpiaggio

Hi, i recently got my w520. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64 bits on a Crucial M4. Im very happy so far. I install LSC but the program dont launch with the blue Thinkvantage button. Actually the blue button does nothing. Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

W520 4270CTO I7 2760QM HD+ Crucial M4 128 GB Quadro 1000M 16 GB RAM
T60 1952AW1 OCZ Vertex 2 60 GB
S205 AMD E-450 Intel SSD 160 GB
Broadband 3G
JDay

Betreff: How to make the ThinkVantage blue button work?

Mornsgrans wrote:

It seems, that at the moment no Thinkvantage Tool under Windows 7 exists, which will be accessed by the ThinkVantage-Button, since the Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox has been cancelled last week.

Under Windows 2000 up to Vista there still exists the ThinkVantage Productivity-Center

It wasn't canceled they just changed the name.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_BD/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=LENV-DIAGS