Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
StanS

Intel 82567LM won't update to newer release automaticly or manually w/x200T win7 64bit

[ Edited ]

I'm getting the occasional bsod in win7 64 on my 7450-CTO. IT's a 0x0000007F which is sometimes the nic driver. So, I went to the regular download/support section, looked at the matrix and found that the Intel lan drivers is still listed as vista32/64 but it's five versions higher than my current version 9.52.10.1001 -  I downloaded the 64bit  package @ http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70199 , and ran it but it says it doesn't detect any applicable device. 

I  then ran the Thinkvantage System Update. It found a number of updates (14) and applied them. Including the updated Intel Wireless (I have a 5300).  It didn't download or install the 7vrv21ww either.  It says that this driver version has a fix for BSOD..... I ran it again, and it found another wireless update (one required the other?), along with several updates for hotkeys, audio, etc.  I'm installing them though I don't have any issues with those items. 

I went to the Device Manager and checked the properties for the Intel 82567LM and tried to get it to update the driver from that point, and was told, 'You have the best driver already installed'   

SO my question is,  HOW do I get this to update the lan driver to the current 9.52.25.3 version? 

TIA. 

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Intel 82567LM won't update to newer release automaticly or manually w/x200T win7 64bit

Hi,
how can you tell, that this is due to NIC driver? Have you debuged the dump file?

In your situation, please update also the SATA AHCI driver and also make sure, that there was no BIOS Chagne before this situation started to happen.

Cheers

Ctrl-Alt-Del
StanS

Re: Intel 82567LM won't update to newer release automaticly or manually w/x200T win7 64bit

At the time we found that it was related to a TCPIP stack issue. 

But at this tiem, it doesn't really matter since we can't get it to update automatically.  TVSU should detect that there are 5 later releases of the driver, all of which address some errors, including a BSOD in the latest. 

Since there is no official branched Win7 release for the 82567LM via Lenovo they are still using the Vista 'version' according to the matrix, that someone has not updated the package information correctly  to make it download/install on the Win7 OS system and that the package itself isn't setup to detect and install on Win7 which it should do -  according to the driver matrix.

Frankly if you were not having a problem and were used to manually searching out the drivers, you would never know that there is a updated driver.  Those who remove the Lenovo tech support stuff are not using custom drivers anyway and Intel has also had multiple updates and the latest one also has a BSOD fix; and it is for Win7 and Vista....

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

you are right, till now is there not NIC Win7 driver.

So I think, once the new NIC driver will be out, then this will be fixed.

Please let me know, if there will be any change.

Cheer