Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
Lenovo__User

Re: Intel AMT 7.1 - IPT and Intel AMT 7.1 - MEI and SOL driver not installed T420

I was able to get the driver installed by manually downloading and installing the AMTSOLDriver package from the web site.

After I installed the package and re-ran Lenovo System update and it still reports that the driver is needed. (Both IPT & MEI SOL.

We have .net 3.5 as part of our Window s7 32 bit image.

Also I only have reg key HKLM\Software\Intel\AMT INSTALL set to failure.

The Install path is C:\Program files\Intel\Intel(r) Management Engine Components\

I deleted that key and tried again but no luck.

I will try using 83ra28ww

Token Ring
Lenovo__User

Re: Intel AMT 7.1 - IPT and Intel AMT 7.1 - MEI and SOL driver not installed T420

[ Edited ]

I have two packages with the same number.  83ra28WW_amt  & 83ra28WW_ipt.  I will try both manually

Both packages fail with "The setup Program failed to install ore or more device drivers. Setup will exit."

Token Ring
Lenovo__User

[ Edited ]

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Does anybody have a link to the older version 7.1.3.1053

Serial Port
filmancco

Hi all guys,  I'm the same failure over a T420, 4236-MBS, after the clean install of WIndows 7 Enterprise 32 bit, install SU 4.0 via local repository,  finally remain one device without install, the Intel AMT 7.1 MEI, the AMT 7.1 SOL install fine.

I download manually the MEI, FIRMWARE for Lenovo support page, install manually and nothing change.

The meinfowin utility generate the following errors.

Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 7.1.13.1088
Copyright(C) 2005 - 2011, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error 1002: Failed to retrieve Intel (R) ME FW Version

Error 9458: Communication error between application and Intel(R) ME module (FW Update client)

Error 9459: Internal error (Could not determine FW features information)

The firmware install generate errors too. ( view snapshot)

I try with another disk loaded with the original software from factory recovery, and all hardware work fine and configured.

The software in c:\swtools its the same that I'm installing.

I think that the failure resides on the package installers, the default installation without parameters don't work.

The package are 83ra28ww for the MEI, IPT and SOL and the 83rf31ww

I'm searching the script that perform the unatttended installation, after the installation of the core Windows install.

I'm uploaded the screen snapshoot and other info in this link:

http://www.4shared.com/folder/4CTe4dS8/Polar-T420-4236-MBS.html

Help is adviced, We are supporting very important customers in Venezuela.

Thanks in advance.

Token Ring
Lenovo__User

I was not able to get it working so I just added the driver into our sccm imaging process instead of TVUR.

Even after installing the driver via the image process TVUR & TVSU still report as the driver is needed.

Serial Port
filmancco

thanks for the answer, but it's not valid in our scenario, because que image deployed via sccm have: win 7 enterprise 32 bit, the hotfixes and the ethernet driver for all thinkpad models.

The customer want to keep and unique standard imagen for Lenovo thinkpad, they have +2.000 laptop, from T61, T400, T410 to T420. But not want to make image for every model o family of model.

There are some setting in registry or file in the file system that let the software install properly??

There are some setting in the installer, command parameters, that let the software installa properly??

I'm find similar failure of TVT software like RnR and System Update, when I try to install on a Clean Install instead of recovery software.

There are particular setting in registry or in file system that allow thtat TVT software install properly.

I have trouble with an T420 thinkpad, with an corporate image ( making from another OEM) and when I install System Update, It's install and work with the yellow GUI, similar to N200 o N500 value line laptop.

In the same laptop , when I try to install RnR, receive the error that "This version of Rescue and recovery only can be installed on selected Lenovo System", this installation cannot continue.". The T420 4174-PS is'nt a Lenovo selected system for RnR??? I reply and post in another thread for this case.

Obviously, when I install the original recovery to the same laptop, all work fine!!!!.

Something isn't working fine.

Wait your valuable answer.

Token Ring
Lenovo__User

Hello,

I understand your customer's concern but I only have 1 standard image which is bascially Win 7 Enterprise with all hotfixes installed at the time the image was captured.  This 1 standard image is customized by using the Task Sequnce and is the reason why we can just add the driver in quesiton to a driver package.  We never touch the image and never create a model specfifc image. (Saves LOTS of time) :-)

I think there is something wrong with the TVUR & TVSU with those drivers as even manyally they fail to install.

I woud just exprot these drivers and add them in a drivers package during your deploymnet process.

Hoep this helps :-)

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

It would seem you are missing some kind of prerequisite maybe in your Win7 Enterprise image.  Can you please confirm that you have the following installed prior to install the AMT packages?  Also be sure to install the MEI/SOL part before the IPT part.

1. Latest BIOS v1.29 - 1.08

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/83uj11us.exe

2.  Intel Chipset Support
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/oss924ww.exe
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/oss924ww.txt

3.  Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software for XP/Vista/7 32-bit

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/83rw15ww_32.exe

Serial Port
filmancco

HI, all, Thanks for the suggestion, but don't work, I receive the same error.

I'll try generating the equipment with an windows clean install only, apply ms patches, and later install system update and install all drivers and software.

I'll tell us the results.

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

After installing TVSU and connecting to the internet for the first update search, TVSU will prompt you to update it.  This "update thy self" will address the issue where the older version of TVSU does not recognize the new T420, T520, etc. systems correctly.  Then there is also an additional critical update that TVSU will find when it restarts.  This update helps TVSU target the Active Protection System updates properly on the new systems.  Please make sure you get these two updates before trying to install others.  Then, for the AMT packages, make sure you have the following updates installed prior to trying to install the AMT packages for SOL/IDE/MEI and IPT:

1.  Intel Chipset Support
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/oss924ww.exe
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/oss924ww.txt

2.  Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software for XP/Vista/7 32-bit

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/83rw15ww_32.exe