Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
bar10derz

Re: Introducing Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

Does this mean that they are no longer supporting Win XP Pro? If this is true, it will be devastating. I buy and sell older computers and many of them are Thinkpads. I really count on this to test my systems. If this is true does anyone have any advice on where I can go to replace this tool?

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

LSC won't install on XP.  You know, XP had a great run starting in 2001 but now it's 2012 and it's really time to move past XP.  I don't think Lenovo is going to spend time and money in new software for XP - from a business perspective it just doesn't make sense.

However if all you really care about are diagnostics, the new stand-alone diagnostics available here will still run on XP.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=LENV-DIAGS#hd

Even though the website says the diags are only for new systems, they will also run on the older systems - we just haven't finished testing/certifying them on the old systems yet.  Please let us know if you find any problems with the new diags on the old systems.

Guru
Mornsgrans

someotherguy schrieb:

Even though the website says the diags are only for new systems, they will also run on the older systems - we just haven't finished testing/certifying them on the old systems yet.  Please let us know if you find any problems with the new diags on the old systems.

As described in my posting above :smileywink:

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Mornsgrans wrote:

someotherguy schrieb:

As described in my posting above :smileywink:

I think the difference between what you said, is that LSC will not be supported for older systems.  Only the stand-alone diagnostics will be supported for older systems (eventually).  Sorry if I misunderstood what you said.

Guru
Mornsgrans

You understood me well :smileywink:

But at the moment there exists no diagnostic software for older systems (pre-T520 - generation) anymore since even PC-Doctor had been removed from the Lenovo Support Site. - The standalone diagnostic tools are hardly to find and also support the newest Lenovo computer generation.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Punch Card
luky

Why not on the list of devices ThinkCentre M90p?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
EvgenyP

Why the LSCs' toolbar look's like this? While ThinkVantage and Lenovo Connections toolbar look like they must to.9.JPG

X220, IPS, Intel Core i7-2620m, 8 gb, Samsung 840 pro 256 gb, eGPU + Zotac AMP GeForce GTX 670.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
EvgenyP

I've just looked at "Task bar and start menu", it seems that "Simple Tab" app and "LSC" app toolbars connected to each other.

X220, IPS, Intel Core i7-2620m, 8 gb, Samsung 840 pro 256 gb, eGPU + Zotac AMP GeForce GTX 670.
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

[ Edited ]

EvgenyP,

SimpleTap and LSC share the same toolbar.

As for your screenshot where the toolbar looks strange, that's an issue when Win7 is configured to use small taskbar icons.  We'll fix it soon.

Token Ring
kent1968

One thing not explicitly stated one these pages or the download Readme is: for those who have PCs who can support the new LSC, should we uninstall ThinkVantage Toolbox (PC Doctor) or can they both be on your system at the same time?  They seem to serve the same purpose but it would be nice if someone from Lenovo would come online and advise on this point.