Support in other languages: 
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Introducing Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

kent1968,

Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox (LTT) has gone end-of-life.  It is no longer supported or available for download.  But you can keep using it as long as you like.  Lenovo Solution Center (LSC) is the replacement for LTT, but there's no technical reason why you can't run both if you want to.  So whether you want to continue using LTT, replace it with LSC, use both, or use neither - that's totally up to you.

Token Ring
kent1968

Thanks for the reply.  I will probably go ahead and delete the Toolbox even though, so far, I like it better.  

Also, as a typical user, when I hit the Blue Button, nothing happens.   I have Toolbox and now LSC installed.

What should happen when a user hits the blue button?  Also, when I am booting up, shouldn't something startup once I hit the blue button?  

A while back I deleted the partition wit the backup software after I made my one copy.  However, shouldn't the blue button still have some functionality?  thanks

802.11n
abvasili

Are there any plans for LSC to support x120e models? :smileyhappy:

abvasili

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
Who helped you today? Do not forget to thank him.
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

abvasili,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think X120e should be supported within LSC.  I think it is a mistake that the LSC download website doesn't specifically mention it.  Have you tried installing LSC and does it work on your X120e?

802.11n
abvasili

No I haven't.

Right now I'm having an issue with think vantage system update. It is missing a lot of software and driver updates... I'm trying to fix this first, and than try LSC.

I do not understand what is going on with TVSU

abvasili

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
802.11n
abvasili

LSC works on my x120e. The only thing I'm missing is warranty information. I get the message: Unable to acces the internet.

I connect to the internet through a proxy connection that needs authentication. Could this be possibly the reason why the LSC cannot connect to the internet? I do not see any possibility to manually enter the proxy settings in LSC.

abvasili

Token Ring
dodger_NL

[ Edited ]

So i've installed LSC on my Thinkpad X220, all is well but why doesn't my Thinkvantage button work with LSC.

Furthermore, what is the reason, behind dropping the Thinkvantage name?
To me "Thinkvantage" reflects the benefits of the Thinkpad Laptop, not only the rock-solid hardware, but also the really useful software that comes with the Thinkpad.

Also i think (but this might just be me) that the Thinkvantage Toolbox had much more of a professional "no nonsense" look to it. Just like the thinkpad is black, "for those who do". That to me is missing in the LSC it's "carnival like" and that's a big no no to me.

Will the Thinkvantage button be able to work in conjunction with LSC ? and why change the name to Lenovo Solution Center?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinkpad® T430 | Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | 8GB HyperX PnP DDR3-2133MHz | Nvidia® NVS™ 5400M | 256GB Plextor® M5 Pro
Fanfold Paper
Cryson

[ Edited ]

LSC kinda sucks as of right now. Here is the issue I am having:

I have a Crucial 7mm 256GB SSD in my X220 i7 Edition,  the LSC runs a hardware test, goes through fine until it hits the second S.M.A.R.T. test and hangs, then it creates a kernel panic and my computer restarts. So what is the deal Lenovo? You said on your LSC download page that SATA SSD were supported. Seem's like a lie to me, all my stuff it up to date, BIOS, patches, drivers, and firmware, so it is not my computer, plus it is a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 so no viruses/spyware, seems like a LSC software issue to me.

Also what happened to the "Thinkvantage" brand/name? Seems kinda dumb to remove that as all your laptops have the "Thinkvantage" button. Plus I think it reflects your "Think" line of products.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinkpad® X220 | Intel® Core™ i7-2620M | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333mhz | 256GB Crucial 7mm SSD m4 Series
Fanfold Paper
Cryson

dodger_NL wrote:

So i've installed LSC on my Thinkpad X220, all is well but why doesn't my Thinkvantage button work with LSC.

Furthermore, what is the reason, behind dropping the Thinkvantage name?
To me "Thinkvantage" reflects the benefits of the Thinkpad Laptop, not only the rock-solid hardware, but also the really usefull software that comes with the Thinkpad.

Also i think (but this might just be me) that the Thinkvantage Toolbox had much more of a professionall "no nonsense" look to it. Just like the thinkpad is black, "for those who do". That to me is missing in the LSC it's "carnival like" and that's a big no no to me.

Will the Thinkvantage button be able to work in conjunction with LSC ? and why change the name to Lenovo Solution Center?

I totally agree with this, I hate the "new look." I hate when companies put in flashy colors and useless code to make it look pretty, makes the program worse imo. I like the bland/fast/useful toolset that the toolbox had, this new one looks like a 5 year old created it and said "put the rainbow and pretty pictures in the gui."

Thinkpad® X220 | Intel® Core™ i7-2620M | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333mhz | 256GB Crucial 7mm SSD m4 Series
Token Ring
dodger_NL

[ Edited ]

My thoughts exactly, i bought a Thinkpad because i wanted a solid professional laptop, i travel with it everyday (i'm an intern at a law firm) and have a part-time job as a system administrator.
So i need my laptop to be rigid, functional and no-nonsense, with a set of good tools (i love access connections with it's ping, traceroute, and IP-config log).

If i wanted something like what Lenovo Solution Centre offers me at this time, software-wise, i would have bought a hello-kitty laptop.....

I'm glad someone else is speaking out on this subject, i wish more customers would speake out maybe then Lenovo might listen.

Thinkpad® T430 | Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | 8GB HyperX PnP DDR3-2133MHz | Nvidia® NVS™ 5400M | 256GB Plextor® M5 Pro