Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Cryson

Re: Introducing Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

dodger_NL wrote:

My thoughts exactly, i bought a Thinkpad because i wanted a solid professional laptop, i travel with it everyday (i'm an intern at a law firm) and have a part-time job as a system administrator.
So i need my laptop to be rigid, functional and no-nonsense, with a set of good tools (i love access connections with it's ping, traceroute, and IP-config log).

If i wanted something like what Lenovo Solution Centre offers me at this time, software-wise, i would have bought a hello-kitty laptop.....

I'm glad someone else is speaking out on this subject, i wish more customers would speake out maybe then Lenovo might listen.

Agree completely, I bought Lenovo because my old IBM R40 survived around 10 years and no issues; Not to mention Lenovo, as you stated, is a professional laptop brand for IT professionals, I didn't want the pretty flashy colorful plastic crapware from Dell/HP. Lenovo Solution Center looks like some crap that Dell/HP would come out with to go along with their terrible Dell/HP laptops.

I too work as a firewall/system/network administrator.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinkpad® X220 | Intel® Core™ i7-2620M | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333mhz | 256GB Crucial 7mm SSD m4 Series
Paper Tape
shain

I am using a w510 and I have been notified that the toolbox is outdated so i uninstalled it. But im not sure if LSC will benefit my computer or do harm.

Serial Port
Ronald63de

In my opinion, Lenovo will slowly slowly say goodbye to the Thinkpads we have known. The market for high-price premium notebooks is too small and they use the "Thinkpad" name as a vehicle to market inferior products like the X1 and others. A Thinkpad has to be rigid and useful for people who have to work with a portable PC, with a non-glare display. This is not mainstream as most people buy cheap, throw-away-after-two-years machines. LSC shows where the train is going tool-wise. The PC-doctor licenses were too expensive.....

I will keep the ThinkVantage Toolbox.

(no offense to X1 owners, it might be a reasonable machine, but for me, it is not a Thinkpad. Compare it with an X300).

HDMI
veechee

I just found this thread after posting about LSC here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Lenovo-Solution-Center-has-replaced-ThinkVanta...

I agree with many on this thread: LSC is not an equal to ThinkVantage Toolbox.  Please bring back TVT!

EvgenyP

Yep, I totally agree with everybody. The new LSC with it's rediculous style is way too bad than a proffesional looking TVT. Please, Lenovo, Bring TVT Back, or at least let me download the latest TVT!

X220, IPS, Intel Core i7-2620m, 8 gb, Samsung 840 pro 256 gb, eGPU + Zotac AMP GeForce GTX 670.
Paper Tape
Lenovo_letter1

I agree

I hate the new look LSC ... looks even worse than Norton stuff. 

Besides. Can't get it to load on my T410s. Just hangs.

Tried downloading TVT but despite finding latest download, I can't install.

**********LENOVO .......WAKE UP! WE ALL HATE LSC********

WE want TVT.........and most of us are prepared to PAY for it!

Token Ring
peednus

Here you go fellas, I hope the link works...

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7212518_700_735690253

Lenovo_letter1

Hi

That .rar doesn't open!

Token Ring
peednus

Works fine.  Out of 45 downloads, only 1 complaint...

Paper Tape
tpm

I have just updated my D20 W7 64, with this new software BUT now it reports out of warranty, what happened to the 400+ days.

have un-installed the old Think Vantage tool box, in case that was the problem, good old faithful....

Un-installed the LSC software and re-installed stillt he same.

There is no information I can find to resolve this, has anyone else found the same error and know of a fix please

Malcolm