Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
tongdakfiend

Re: Introducing Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

I understand that LSC is supposed to replace ThinkVantage Toolbox, but what is unclear is how to uninstall the toolbox and other utilities that are duplicative of LSC.  I actually think LSC is more streamlined, and frankly a bit faster and slicker.  However, I hate having duplicative applications serving the same purpose, and I can't find uninstall apps for the ThinkVantage Toolbox nor the Lenovo Device Experience which also seems duplicative for the most part.

Blue Screen Again
vbap

I would also like to register my annoyance at the "lollipop" design of LSC - it is very much out of place in the line of Thinkpad tools in terms of look and feel (access connections, power manager and TVT).

Ironically, there was a comment earlier that LSC does not support XP because it is "outdated" - yet LSC appears to have used the same family of fisher-price icons from the XP era :smileytongue:

I hope the UI will be refined in an upcoming version.

802.11n
christopherlang

[ Edited ]

Yes. The two UI's sucks (having to navigate two UIs).

802.11n
christopherlang

[ Edited ]

Heh Heh well give good TVT feedback ;-) https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PJBLC2F (though the surveys are probably not even looked at, no telling how old this is).

Lenovo Service Center also just doesn't sound like ThinkVantage. Bummer.

Token Ring
samurai123

I read in this forum that LTT has become end of life and LSC is a replacement. Is it true?

I've T400 running Windows Vista 64bit Business.  I don't see LSC is supported on this platform. I wonder why not LSC support this platform if it's replacing LTT?

WWAN
mixz1

[ Edited ]

As with sclexman,I had the same problem; Hundreds of Event 1035 entries in the Application Event Viewer. While these evnts were being logged, more than 60 at a time, I was hourglassed and unable to work. Very annoying and puzzling. Unfortunately I started a whole kerfuffle over RapidBoot and Lenovo found other problems with it unrelated to mine, withdrew it and issued a revision. But I still had the 1035 Event problem with MSI Installer repeatedly interrogating every app on my system multple time per day.

It never occurred to me that LSC would be involved, but as of now I can report the following, at least for my system: LSC uninstalled via Revo Pro resulted in a cessation of the 1035 Events. Re-installing the PC-Doctor Lenovo Toolbox did not initiate a resumation of the 1035 Events. Re-installing RapidBoot did not result in a resumption of the 1035 Events.

I'd like to apologize to someotherguy from Lenovo's staff for driving him crazy, although it seems there were lots of other problems with the early iterations of RapidBoot that went beyond mine.

I'm suspecting that in the coding of LSC the Win_32 Product call is being used. There are better ways to do that. I also suspect that Win7 32 bit installations are not having this problem (I could be wrong).

Also, in the next iteration of LSC, maybe somebody could code the blue ThinkVantage button back in. That omission is just a plain dumb mistake. Meanwhile, I'll stay away from LSC. 24 hours in and I have had no lockups while 1035 Events are being logged.

T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
nibs
Topics: 43
Kudos: 144
Solutions: 39

I'm not a fan of the new LSC. First, when I click on its taskbar icon it brings up the simple tap interface, and then I have to click on it again to actually call up the LSC. Why? If it has "new messages" waiting for me, why doesn't it just load when I click it the first time? 

Second, unlike TVT I have been unable to find the "ignore alert / message" option in LSC. I have Windows updates set to download automatically, but not install automatically. It is like this because I want it that way. The little icon in the task bar of there are new updates to install is much less annoying then the stupid pop up box that annoys you to restart your computer. A Windows update coming out in the middle of my workday is not normally important enough to drop everything and restart. Most updates can wait until lunch or the end of the day. TVT allowed the user to quiet or ignore specific alerts, LSC only seems to have one setting to disable all alerts. This is an inferior design, as I'm probably going to turn off all of the alerts so it doesn't annoy me.

Third, why does it connect to the internet through something called "Adobe Air Installer"? I have a firewall with a white list on my computer. I'm going to whitelist something as generic as "Adobe Air Installer", soI just keep adding it to the one-time only list every time I run it. 

Fourth, Lenovo needs to get the warranty information correct. I've had it incorrectly report both the battery and system warranties incorrectly. 

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.

My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.
SCSI Port
nkull

Setting aside the complains of the hello-kitty look ...  How do the actual TOOLS work in comparison to the old ThinkVantage tools?     Couple questions I have from this thread:

1: Is the functionality of the tools impacted by this change?

2: Are they going to allow disabling some alerts, I also do this

3: Is this thing going to support the older systems such as my T61, or am I just out of luck if I ever loose my ThinkVantage install??

4: Does this impact any of the other tools installed such as the Power Manager etc.?

Thanks!

--- ThinkPad T61 / Win 7 / Core 2 / 4gb RAM / Nvidia / Still used daily --- ThinkPad Edge 15/ i5 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / 8gb RAM / Hated it, died at 1 yr 1 mo old --- ThinkPad T510 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / i5 / 8gb RAM / Nvidia / Current primary machine --- ThinkPad X220 / i7 / IPS / 4gb / TrueCrypt / My Road Machine
nibs
Topics: 43
Kudos: 144
Solutions: 39

The hardware test tool seems inferior to the TVT. It only tests HDD and RAM. It looks like it doesn't test CMOS, CPU, PCI Bridge, Audio Controller, Network Card, USB Controller, PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller, IEE 1394 Controller, PCI Bus, or System Board. It is also less specific, for example under "Battery" LSC just says "Battery Health: Good". TVT tells me "% of Original Capacity" and its condition. 

For now, the other tools still work. I still have the power manager and the access connections tool, and I have LSC and TVT installed. LSC is annoying and I think I'm going to uninstall it until they work out the kinks, if that ever happens. 

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.

My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.
Token Ring
samurai123

Does anyone know where Lenovo says LTT is EOL? 

Sounds like LSC is not ready yet