Support in other languages: 

Is it possible to undo factory recovery option for Rescue and Recovery on the X61?

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎01-30-2012 by
Modified ‎01-30-2012 by
(825 Views)

Is it possible to undo factory recovery option for Rescue and Recovery on the X61?

Question

I have a Lenovo X61 notebook. My harddisk was divided into two partitions: OS and data. Recently, I found that my Windows was no longer able to start. I managed to reinstall Windows 7 in the OS partition. All my files in the second partition were preserved. My laptop was working fine then. I realized subsequently  that the Lenovo drivers were no longer there. 

I then ran Rescue and Recovery on my system, thinking that it would simply reinstall the missing drivers.

However, this resulted in the deletion of Windows 7, which I had just installed, and the process also affected the partitions and erased the data in the second partition.

Is there any way I can restore the partition configuration and all the data I had? 

Answer

Unfortunately, no.  Using the Rescue and Recovery CD or DVD media, or running from the hidden system partition and selecting restore to factory default option, rebuilds the C: partition to the factory condition and the original OS.  All user data and any OS version updates will be lost. 

This is an irreversible process since data is overwritten.