Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
jhockema

Lenovo ConstantConnect-Does it work?

I ordered the Lenovo ConstantConnect for my laptop. It is an X201 with Win 7 Professional 64. I am trying to connect to a BB 9700, BES and Outlook 2010.

The instructions, and the background info on Lenovo's website are woefully inadequate. I followed the instructions, but can't tell if it is working or not. The small "mail" icon is flashing, but there is no explanation of what the buttons or icons on the module mean in the lengthy manual. Instead, it refers me to a help section that I cannot find.

Anybody have any pointers?

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Lenovo ConstantConnect-Does it work?

Hi,

maybe this short Lenovo movie might help a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzBLAHxTiw&fmt=18

Cheers

Fanfold Paper
jhockema

Thanks, but I have already seen that video.

I understand the product concept, I just need help making it work, or finding out whether it will work.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

did you had the chance to get it working with other then Outlook 2010?
It is working fine with Outlook 2003 and 2007, however, as OL 2010 is new I'm not sure about this one.

However, the functionality is quite simple:

once you receive an e-mail you can reviev it on your BB, or vice versa. (on the PC)

Not sure, what exactly you are looking for. Do you need exact description, what should happen and when?

Cheers

Fanfold Paper
jhockema

Well, does it work with Windows 7 64-bit?

It looks like the software is for 32-bit, but I didn't take that to mean that it won't work. However, I can't tell whether the software is installed when I try to load it from the CD or download it.

Also, I kept getting an error message in the ThinkVantage toolbox that the driver was not installed, and the computer kept beeping like a peripheral was being removed and inserted, over and over again.

Yet, as I said, the little mail light was flashing.

Overall, it is a very frustrating experience, made worse by poor documentation.