Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
manu555

Lenovo Security Solution FP 5.9.2.5697 and firefox 3.6 + password bank extension not working ?

Hi,

I have a thinkpad T61 with WXP SP3 and I have recently upgraded the finger print software from the UPEK site after selecting the lenovo laptop and it took me to the lenovo support site where I have downloaded the latest finger print sofware protector suite ql and it was working fine recently Until i have upgraded my firefox 3.5 to ff 3.6 to the latest version. I have recently seen my lenovo software not working on the latest firefox 3.6 extension. I have contacted the UPEK guys and they said to contact the lenovo support since I have the customized version of their software which is true. I have tried to install the http://www.upek.com/support/customersupport/techsupport/Topic.asp?ID_Topic=76

and its not working, i get a message that the passwork bank extension do not work with my latest ff 3.6. So please provide me the customized version of the latest password bank FP 5.9.2.5697 extension to use my t61 with the firefox 3.6. Please provide me the update asap after contacting the upek software. Please let me know if you need any details, I hope there are a lot of other customers as well who are facing the same problem as mine, since I have seen many blogs with the same question. So lenovo please help all the customers.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Lenovo Security Solution FP 5.9.2.5697 and firefox 3.6 + password bank extension not working ?

Hi,
this situation is not caused by FPR, this is due to the CSS, that contains an add-in, which is right now not directly compatible with Firefox 3.6.
Red this thread, as it might help you to fix your situation.
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/FireFox-3-6-and-password-manager/td-p/198649

Let me know, if you have any other questions to this thread.

Cheers

Serial Port
manu555

Re: Lenovo Security Solution FP 5.9.2.5697 and firefox 3.6 + password bank extension not working ?

Hi Herik,

Thanks a lot for the reply, I found this reply in ur sent link but nothing worked. See the below answers...

There are three solutions to this problem:

1)  Find the "Nightly Tester Tools" plugin, install it, and then right-click on "Thinkvantage Password Manager" and select "override compatibility" and you're done.

installed nighly tester tools plugin...not only this password bank, i had other extensions for eg ie addon etc., none of my extensions worked with this stupid plugin.

2) Find prior forum posts about how to patch the version number inside the Lenovo plugin.  This works, but is a bit too complex for some users to handle.

I searched a lot in google as well as in lenovo forum.....and couldnt get any info/links reg the same.

3) Whine endlessly in the forum about how long it takes Lenovo to update their plugins. 

Note:  Solutions '1' and '2' are not guaranteed to work with every new update, but I've used '1'  for several updates without visible problems.

that is wat im doin now......checkin the answers to my forum and in google ....atleast a couple of times once in the morning and once after i m back from my office. Lets see how fast lenovo responds to this and release a plugin for the ff 3.6 users. Lenovo if u read this, please help ur users.

Good luck.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

have you also tried following links:

http://www.upek.com/support/customersupport/techsupport/Topic.asp?ID_Topic=76
http://files.upek.com/GetPackage.asp?Key=OKXY231M11OA9655BJP7KI6U4U621KGD

Or you are using Authentec FPR?

If this does not work, then Try to describe your situation again with as much info as possible. It might be , that I missunderstood your situation.

Cheers

Serial Port
manu555

I have exactly installed the extension rite on the releaes day....the one which u have sent but its not working on my system, I have wxp professional edition sp3 + firefox 3.6 + Lenovo security solution FP 5.9.2.5697 downloaded from the lenovo support site. I had it working until I had my firefox upgrade from 3.5.7 to 3.6 recently a week ago. I have upgraded the password bank from the upek site ( the link which u have sent) rite on the release day of the extension which is on the 28th Jan 2010 at around 1:00 PM since I was checking their update site very frequently and I was so happy that they have released the extension for ff 3.6 ..but after installing it dint work, I have to use IE8 which i do not like at all, but I had no choice since my ff 3.6 is not working at all with the upek ff 3.6 extension. When ever I open the ff 3.6 for the first time it says my installed upek extension do not work since its not supported. I am currently checking the lenovo forum and chekcing upek update link ...may be if some one will provide solution to this problem. I am in touch with UPEK tech support guys as well, they said to wait for some more days untill they release the customized extension version for the latest ps ql 5.9.2.5697 version and also doing the lenovo system update regularly twice to see ....if lenovo had released any customized version of the extension for the LSS FP 5.9.2.5697 users. I hope I had given u all the needed information, let me tell u my password bank is 100% legal and from the lenovo site and its absolutely working fine with my ie8 browswer. Let me know if u need any more information. I hope I am clear with my description.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

thank you for the detailed explanation.

I'll check what is the status on the side of the development team .

Will try to get back to you asap.

Cheers