Do you mean 
Punch Card
wsr203
Accepted Solution

Lenovo Solution Center Update Issue

4239CTO Win7

When I open the Lenovo Solution Center a message pops up

"A new version of Lenovo Solution Center is available. Do you want to update?"

When the update is finished downloading, I get the message "Error reading setup initization file"

Any assistance is appreciated.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Lenovo Solution Center Update Issue

Please try download and installing the latest version here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=LENV-DIAGS#lsc

Punch Card
wsr203

Thanks for the link. It's for version 1.1.006 which I have installed.

The update is for LSC to go to 1.1.007.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Punch Card
wsr203

Downloading and installing v 1.1.006 from the link above, followed by restarting and starting the LSC application allowed for the updated to go work.

Thanks.

Paper Tape
nliszt

Is it necessary to uninstall the existing LSC first?
Paper Tape
nliszt

I tried downloading and installing from your link. I get the same problem as when following the popup asking me to update when opening LSC: (I have version 1.1.010)  The install starts loading Install Shield then goes to a small window called Windows Installer, which just has a bunch of information about the installer: Here is what the first several lines look like:

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.9200.16384

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options

</package | /i> <Product.msi>

Installs or configures a product  

/a <Product.msi>   

Administrative install - Installs a product on the network  /

j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]   

Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user  </uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>   Uninstalls the product Display Options  /quiet   Quiet mode, no user interaction  /passive   Unattended mode - progress bar only  /q[n|b|r|f]   Sets user interface level   n - No UI   b - Basic UI   r - Reduced UI

All they give me is an OK button at the bottom of the window.

On the download page, it doesn't show my M92p as a supported, though M92 and M91p are supported.

I have installed other software with no problem on this PC. Whenever I open LSC, the User Account Control window pops up, by the way.

Also - LSC is working if I tell it I'll install the update later.

It says the "Lenovo Primary iM controller is disabled and to go to device manager. What is that driver for?  

When I look in device manager, it does have an asterisk. Properties shows , "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" .  I tried disabling and enabling, and also tried update driver, but is says it is current.

Paper Tape
nliszt

I went to download the new version, but have, should I uninstall the existing program first?  M92p is not listed as one of the supported systems for LSC. M91, M91p, and M92 are listed, but not M92p. Is it actually supported? Mine is quite new and running Win 8 Pro from the upgrade disk that came with my M92p, which was preloaded with win 7 Pro. both 64 bit.

Broadband 3G
sclexman

[ Edited ]

Uninstall v1 and install the newer version 2.0.017 released jan 18 2013. The *supported on * list is  for machines which LSC has been tested on.  It may or may not work on your machine.  Try it and find out. Your machine came out Jun 2012, I would expect LSC to run on it. 

===

All the following is way out of wack for a software install. It looks like help screen to run silent install.  

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.9200.16384

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options

</package | /i> <Product.msi>

Installs or configures a product 

/a <Product.msi>  

Administrative install - Installs a product on the network 

===

"Lenovo Primary iM controller is disabled and to go to device manager

Again another should not occur condition. LSC has been junk out of the box since Feb 2012 as replacement for PC-doctor, LTT.   I would not lose any sleep from this software being crap. 

==

Read this:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Lenovo-solution-center-doesn-t-show-warranty-i...

==

Just download the standalone versions:

Diagnose memory, HDD, SDD.

==

Read the following from pc-doctor website for their view:

http://www.pc-doctor.com/29354/productlist/index.php

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Lastest   .18 version still does not connect for warranty status!

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3