Support in other languages: 
HDMI
veechee

Lenovo Solution Center has replaced ThinkVantage Toolbox?!

I just fired up a new ThinkPad T420s that I received, and there was not ThinkVantage System Toolbox installed on the system.  Instead, there was "Lenovo Solution Center".  This seemed a lot less capable and a lot more bloated.  I didn't spend much time with it, but I didn't see PC Doctor, which was fantastic for system health and stress testing.  All I saw for system health was a simple memory and disk test.

Is TVT being depreciated or discontinued completely?  I can't even find it on the Lenovo website anymore; Lenovo Solution Center comes up instead.  Luckily, I still have the ThinkVantage Toolbox v6.0.5802.24 installer saved which I am going to continue to use on new system installs.

Why can't you continue to refine TVT?  This was a great ThinkPad feature!  Power Manager, System Update and Toolbox were three big reasons I have started buying a lot of Lenovo instead of Dell!  It makes my life as an IT admin easier, and they are great for the end users as well.

Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Lenovo Solution Center has replaced ThinkVantage Toolbox?!

Hello Veechee,

Lenovo Solution Center is a powerful and advanced tool.

Please refer to the mentioned below forum article by community admin.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Introducing-Lenovo-Solution-Center-LSC/td-p/67...

Kindly go through it and then you will familiar with Lenovo Solution Center.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Fanfold Paper
thethoroughbred

Are the feature sets different. Or can SC do everything the TVTB can? I have both installed, in fact it came in through an update downloaded through TVTB.

But I don't like having multiple programs installed to do the same task.

What's DOS?
ShawnOberem

Hi,

I have been having the same problem and was wondering the same thing. The problem is that I updated my ThinkVantage Toolbox and now have Solution Centre. I really don't want duplicate software running on my computer so the upgrade should have uninstalled the old software and told me this was the change happening. 

The only reason I did the upgrade was that I was told my warranty was expiring (which is not the case) but I bought an extension (pertinence) at this point still fails to reflect.

What's DOS?
MerlinBiggs

How can I do a Stress Test?

Broadband 3G
sclexman

Lenovo INTRODUCED LSC in Feb 2012 or so.  OPPS, several months later they say LTT(pc-doctor) is sunsetted.

No stress test(at this time) with LSC. I think it has 2 or 3 functions in it. $$$ saved.

Fanfold Paper
X220lap

thethoroughbred " ...But I don't like having multiple programs installed to do the same task..."

Indeed, and on my X220 Win 7 it seems both were separately scheduled for automatic execution. (TVT provides for itself to be unscheduled in its UI, or a choice of schedule to be applied; for LSC looks like would have to edit Task Scheduler.)