Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
daragh

Re: Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox - FAQ

I hope this helps, because I am disappointed that:

1. you didn't test this properly, and

2. so many people are having problems, and

3. the forums are saying this is solved, but IT'S NOT. :smileysad:

Had issues (T61/Win7/64-bit) with recent update that was ironically so brash as to say that startup errors had been fixed, so:

un-installed, and

downloaded latest version available on support website (lttsetup_60545012x64.exe)

Once it started, it wanted to do an automatic update (from version 12 to version 55, apparently), and downloaded 1.4Mb - prompted to install

As *it* installed, it *also* looked for more updates (?) and downloaded *another* 43Mb. It reported the following, which was the same as the update that broke it in the first place (but no new version # reported):

" * Improved startup time 

* Corrected startup and stability issues 

* Reduced memory and CPU footprint 

* Added new tests: WWAN, CUDA, Video ports 

* Enhanced accessibility 

* Improved Toolbar icon behavior"

It downloaded, reported 'Install complete' and provided a 'Finish' button.

Clicking on the icon in the toolbar (does it have to be SO big?), it starts up, but causes a Windows error:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: pcdrcui.exe

Problem Signature 02: 6.0.5514.52

Problem Signature 03: 4be4b515

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4a27471d

Problem Signature 07: 20c8

Problem Signature 08: 143

Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

I can still interact with the main window, so can see the Help|About reports v 6.0.5144.55

Note that the 'System Health' module is still 'processing' and the 'Enhanced Backup and Restore' component is the only one showing that spinning icon. I'm guessing that's where your issue is. 

Please let us know when you've tested the fix. Thanks.

lttsetup_60545012x64
Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
@ daragh
please stop pasting one update to all threads. Please let's discuss it only in one thread.
Let's do it in:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Thinkvantage-Toolbox/td-p/204380/page/2

Thanks

Cheers

Paper Tape
adw2ru

On my system: W7 64bit, Ultimate (Russian) Toolbox do not run correctly: I can not run any tool from Toolbox : I press button inside application but nothing happens.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

adw2ru,

Can you confirm which version you are using?  We released a new version in June, and there are Windows 7 compatible versions.

If you confirm you have the latest version, what system are you trying to install it on?

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Blue Screen Again
tomlut

I have just uninstalled the toolbox. Now I find that the entry for selecting the Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox Toolbar remains on the taskbar Toolbar right click context menu. How do I remove it?

Paper Tape
farqlue

Mr. Mark Lenovo,

Perhaps you could explain to us all why some (many) requests for help with the ThinkVantage software are never responded to. Is there a secret handshake or avatar that one must display? What criteria do you use in deciding which posts are answered? Is it random? I've always been of the opinion that if all you provide is a half-assed product or service, why bother.

Please help us understand so before well-meaning folks ask (in vain) for help they can know whether they'll be ignored. At least that way they know to look for that non-Lenovo sponsored tech forum that actually does provide help.

Have a great day!

JaneL

farqlue wrote: 

Please help us understand so before well-meaning folks ask (in vain) for help they can know whether they'll be ignored.

Welcome to the forum!

While there are some Lenovo employees in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not a dedicated support channel with Lenovo support personnel assigned to answer all questions. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

What's DOS?
besteds

My thinkvantage toolbox still doesn't work even after the new download. Any suggestions?

Paper Tape
RoyStark

So how do I disable it totally. It is irritating me with its daily pop-up to inform me that Lenovo found no problems.

What's DOS?
blitzd

I'd like to know how to stop the 'everything is ok' messages too.