Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper

Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox (diagnostics)

[ Edited ]

Something new on the Think line is Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox, which replaces and expands the capabilities of the Lenovo System Toolbox. It's a free application that runs under Win 7 today from PC-Doctor, which has been providing diagnostics and system health tools on Think products since '97.

Here's a link to a little flash video that gives an overview. The PC-Doctor engineering team would love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.pc-doctor.com/ltt_introduction.php

JRM
Fanfold Paper

Lenovo System Toolbox locks out domain account

[ Edited ]

Every time I launch and run the Lenovo System Toolbox, it locks out (disables) my domain account.  I like the tool, but need a solution to this problem.  I found several hits on Google about the issue, but no solution.  Any suggestions?

Follow is my system info:

Vista Business SP2

ThinkPad T500

Latest Windows updates and Lenovo updates

Message Edited by JRM on 07-18-2009 10:32 PM
SCSI Port

Re: Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox (diagnostics)

The video suggests that it may also replace the Productivity Center, but does it actually?

Also, is there a link to this new TV Toolbox?

azh
Punch Card

[ Edited ]

It is an impressive piece of software.

From what I saw fromthe flash video, it integrated well with Norton AV. So in a sense, it acts like, in Windows, its own Action Center.

Unless it totally replaces the current Lenovo Care application, I don't see many using it.

Fanfold Paper

Hello Finalfenix,

In a sense, the productivity center is encapsulated within LTT -- you will be able to launch them from one location, as you did in the productivity center.

I haven't seen the link yet. It's currently in the Win7 preload. I'll see what I can find out!

Doug

SCSI Port

Courtesy of bobbyz, here are links to the ThinkVantage Toolbox:

http://www.lenovo.com/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73783 (Win7 32-bit)
http://www.lenovo.com/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73784 (Win7 64-bit)

Paper Tape

Am I the only one getting "The contents of the file cannot be unpacked.  The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. ..."   This is for the 32 bit Windows 7 version:  lttsetup_538731x86.exe

Punch Card

[ Edited ]

Loaded it and used it.  It feels like a lot of advertisement at first, but there's some usability there.  I'm a fan of the Productivity Center because it's got such a minimal interface--this feels a great deal more involved (not a positive).  

I'm likely to use this a lot less than the Productivity Center; I've removed it from my taskbar because it's always giving me warnings--no backup plan (I use a Maxtor external HDD); no screensaver password (I don't want one); etc...

I'm also not a fan of the distance between loading this and updating my system--in the productivity center, this was button, mouse-over, click.  In this, it's button, click, click, click, click.  

I'm going to look for a way to reset the blue button to use the old productivity center until this becomes as useful, minimal, and non-attention-demanding as that is.

Nothin' personal.  I'm just sayin'...

DRJT400
T400, 2.4 GHz P8600, 2G RAM, Win7 (32 bit)
T440s, i7 4600U, 8G RAM, Win8.1 Pro (64 bit)
Fanfold Paper

Re: Lenovo System Toolbox locks out domain account

We are experiencing the same issue in our environment.

Custom Image - T400 / X200 / M58p

XP SP3 patched.

Lenovo System Tool Box version 5.1.5183.17

I have placed a call to Lenovo support and escalated the call to ThinkVantage engineers two months ago without an answer to this problem.

Anthony Rabenda
Paper Tape

two questions (using it with Vista):

1 - is there a way to get rid of the annoying box on my bottom bar (I keep getting a big red exclamation point because I am not backed up - which I want to do with an outside hard drive, but it wont let me)

2 - Is there a way to get it to allow me to use the backup for an outside/network hard drive?