Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
kingskawn
Accepted Solution

Lenovo Update Retriever can't download Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate driver ???

I tried several times with Lenovo Update Retriever to download the Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) but everytime it says that it failed. Other drivers are no problem, just this one and I need it to install several machines asap.

Can someone of the Lenovo team fix this please?

The downloadlink is working but through the application not.

Link: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-76986

Filename: 7zwb01ww.exe

Version: 6.4.0.1500

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo Update Retriever can't download Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate driver ???

hey kingskawn,

curious to know which laptop are you using ?

also, could you provide a screenshot of the error if possible.

At the same time could you uninstall the software via the instructions given - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-76986#uninstall

and then reinstall the software directly via - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-76986#install .

I would like to know if you'e able to install it directly or not as you had mentioned that it failed several times via the Lenovo Update Retriever.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Serial Port
kingskawn

Re: Lenovo Update Retriever can't download Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate driver ???

[ Edited ]

Sorry it isn't on a workstation but on a server where the Lenovo Update Retriever is installed.

I got some screenshots

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Serial Port
kingskawn

Something else.

On the Lenovo internet site the version is not the same as the one from the app retriever.

On the site it's version 6.2.1.3100 and on app retriever it's version 6.4.0.1500

So what is this problem???

Retired Employee
Serge1410

quite hard to say, though im still curious on what model laptop you are using.

could you provide the MTM (Machine Type Model) ? http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-49QTT6&sitestyle=lenovo#find

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Serial Port
kingskawn

It's a 4242-28G that I'm trying to install the driver. Manually it's ok but it's not even in the update retriever download folder so it won't install with Thinstaller.

But if someone could give me the correct syntax to integrate this into the database.xml file it would maybe work. For example, this is the bluetooth driver for T61, T500 and T510 machines;

<Package id="7zbv18ww" name="BTW60_BCM2045" description="ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Vista/Win7">
    <FileName>7zbv18ww_2_.xml</FileName>
    <Version>6.2.1.2900</Version>
    <ReleaseDate>31/08/2010</ReleaseDate>
    <Size>141819392</Size>
    <URL>https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/</URL>
    <Mode>
    </Mode>
    <Type>Quest</Type>
    <Status>Active</Status>
    <PreviousStatus>None</PreviousStatus>
    <LocalPath>\7zbv18ww\7zbv18ww_2_.xml</LocalPath>
    <Severity>Optional</Severity>
    <DisplayLicense>NotDisplay</DisplayLicense>
    <SystemCompatibility>
      <System mtm="4384" os="Windows 7" oslang="EN" />
      <System mtm="4349" os="Windows 7" oslang="EN" />
      <System mtm="2056" os="Windows 7" oslang="EN" />
      <System mtm="2241" os="Windows 7" oslang="EN" />
      <System mtm="6458" os="Windows 7" oslang="EN" />
      <System mtm="6464" os="Windows 7" oslang="EN" />
    </SystemCompatibility>
  </Package>

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

I tried UR on this package and got the same failure.  After looking into it, it appears the XML document that describes this package has the wrong file size and CRC for the executable.  Therefore, UR does not believe it has downloaded the file correctly.

To attempt to get around this quickly you can try editing the XML file found in your repository in the 7zwb01ww folder.  At the end of the file is the Files section; replace the <Installer> portion with this:

<Installer>
      <File>
        <Name>7zwb01ww.exe</Name>
        <CRC>FED43A639A55B3F5E047F3BAAB651D4888EADC3C</CRC>
        <Size>109069516</Size>
      </File>
    </Installer>

Download the executable package manually and place it in the 7zwb01ww folder as well.  Then update your database.xml to include the following for this package (note: you may have other <System> 'triplets' that are supported by this package, I just put in the 4242):

<Package id="7zwb01ww" name="BLUETOOTH_7ZWB" description="Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II">
    <FileName>7zwb01ww_2_.xml</FileName>
    <Version>6.4.0.1500</Version>
    <ReleaseDate>22/03/2011</ReleaseDate>
    <Size>109069516</Size>
    <URL>https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/</URL>
    <Mode>
    </Mode>
    <Type>Quest</Type>
    <Status>Active</Status>
    <PreviousStatus>None</PreviousStatus>
    <LocalPath>\7zwb01ww\7zwb01ww_2_.xml</LocalPath>
    <Severity>Optional</Severity>
    <DisplayLicense>NotDisplay</DisplayLicense>
    <SystemCompatibility>
      <System mtm="4242" os="Windows 7" oslang="EN" />
    </SystemCompatibility>
</Package>

Hope this is helpful until the package on the Lenovo site can be corrected.

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

A little easier solution I have found is to edit the xml file here and set it read only:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Update Retriever\temp\7zwb01ww_2_.xml

Replace the <Installer> section as mentioned before, save the file, and then set its properties to read-only in Explorer.

Then run TVUR again and select the package to download.  For me, it downloaded succesfully after doing this.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

Issue has been escalated to engineering. Am not able to download the Bluetooth package for the 4242 as well. Will post once I have an update.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

The team has fixed the CRC value and the XML doc. Tested on a TVUR and issue has been solved.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3