Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
andyems10
Accepted Solution

Link to re-download Thinkvantage Toolbox T420

The Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox recently quit working on my T420 Win 7 laptop. It would not open and when it did, it would not show any information. After 2 weeks of this, I decided to just delete the program and re-download it from Lenovo's website.

I went to the download drivers and software but I can't find the Thinkvantage Toolbox download. I called Tech support and they were less than helpful. I was on the drivers and software screen and asked him if he could tell me which one I needed to download. He told me just do do a system restore all the way back to when I bought my machine. I explained to him I did not want to go that far if I was going to loose all my information and asked him what would happen if I do a system restore. He then told me to "nevermind" and that the Thinkvantage Toolbox was no longer supported and was not available any more. I asked him if there was another program that took the place of the Toolbox and he told me there was not, and unless I restored my system I was not going to have the program any more.

Can anyone help me find this program again? Thanks in advance for the help.

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Re: Link to re-download Thinkvantage Toolbox T420

I have it on my system, got an update for it today and then the update crocked downloading the 1st file, Help. LOL

What a crock its not discontinued. they have no clue how to trouble shoot. Reimage is not an answer nor fix. Try again and maybe you'll to speak to someone who knows what they should know.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

Hi andyems10,

Toolbox went end of life.  It's being replaced with this .  

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
What's DOS?
richardnj

End of Life?  It was one of the most useful tools I had on my computer.  The replacement SUCKS with its diagnostic tools.

topmahof

Here's a thread on it.  

Everything happened at once.  Toolbox went end of life and the replacement went online.  I don't think it was quite ready yet. They are still working on it.

If you are using the preloaded OS, Toolbox should still be on your computer.  In C: maybe in SWTools or the drivers folder.  If it is still on your computer, it can still be used.  There's just no support for it though.

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Fanfold Paper
andyems10

I finally installed the new Lenovo Solution Center today, and now I find that the Access connections does not work now for my wireless connections. When I click the Access Connections program it does the same thing, a black box opens up, but never loads the program, and I have to Ctrl, alt Delete and tell it to stop the non-responding program. Don't know if this is related to the other Toolbox failure or not. Any ideas on this failure now?

Thanks

topmahof

I don't use either one so I'd be guessing here, but I'd say to uninstall LSC and see if AC works again.  If it does, maybe AC needs updated.

It looks to me like a conflict between the two.

Dave

802.11n
christopherlang

It is in C:\SWTOOLS\readyapps\LTT