Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jaltman

Need ThinkVantage System Update 4.0.1

While System Update was updating itself to the latest 4.0.3 revision, my thinkpad experienced a BSOD.  Now I can neither run System Update nor install the 4.0.3 revision available on the web site.  When the 4.0.3 revision is executed it reports that another version has been detected.  When attempting to uninstall, Windows reports that the application is not installed.   I'm hoping that by re-installing the 4.0.1 version I can repair the partially uninstalled package and then perform an update to 4.0.3.

Please provide a pointer to the 4.0.1 installer.

Thank you.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Need ThinkVantage System Update 4.0.1

Hello jaltman,

ThinkVantage System Update 4.0.1 is not available now as new version is introduced.

Kindly restore the system to backdate when the system was working fine then uninstall old version and install new version.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
BSOD

Re: Need ThinkVantage System Update 4.0.1

I had also a BSOD. What is the way if there is no working restore point before the failed update?