Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
dragon-fly
Accepted Solution

New Power manager

in the log:

Version 3.11a

• (New) Added support for Dual Mode Battery.

Version 3.10

• (New) Added support for ThinkPad T410,T510,W510,X100e,Edge 13",Edge E30
  • (New) Added the new function "Intel Graphics Power Plan" and "Intel Turbo Boost Technology".
  • (New) Enhanced the "Always On USB" function to automatically detect USB device.
  • (New) Enhanced the "Instant Resume" function to reduce power consumption.
  • (New) Change Battery Health criteria.
  • (Fix) Fixed an issue where "Effect to settings" shows wrong Power usage level.

What is the "Dual Mode Battery": What does it do and to what models does it apply to?

Blue Screen Again
andrew_4_life

Re: New Power manager

would also like to know what this is

Fanfold Paper
wxiao2

I believe the Ultrabay drive can be removed and substituted with a battery.

Blue Screen Again
andrew_4_life

We already knew the ultrabay drive could be removed and replaced with a battery. In fact this has been the case for a long time now. But what is the special feature that was added to the newest update of the Power Manager?

Lenovo Staff
Ken

Dual Mode refers to a new feature supported by some of our new battery packs in products launched this year. You'll see an 'Automatic' check box in the 'Charge Mode' area in the battery maintenance tab within Power Manager (if the installed battery is a Dual Mode battery). With this feature, power manager can modify how your battery is charged to maximize the lifespan of your battery. If you are a light user of battery power or mostly an AC user, you will benefit most from this feature.

Blue Screen Again
andrew_4_life

I'm still not sure what this extra feature does. Can't we normally set the charging threshold to lower if we constantly use AC and then increase the charging threshold if use the battery daily.

Also,  would this "dual mode" battery be available  for T400 computers?

Is there a Lenovo data sheet or something of the sort about this new feature?

Lenovo Staff
Ken

[ Edited ]

The Custom Charge Threshold feature is good for users who are comfortable with this sort of utility. It gives the most flexibility to control how your battery is charged. In fact I use this feature myself for systems that I don't use that frequently. I'll set the maximum charge threshold to 60% to extend the life of the battery. This will minimize the capacity degradation due to time spent (of the cells) at full charge. Because we manually set this, we also don't expect the battery to to give us the full rundown time it was designed to do.

The Dual Mode feature brings some of the same benefits of Custom Charge Threshold without having the customer make any changes to these settings by default. While in this setting, power manager will automatically decide to put the battery into a more conservative mode if the user rarely uses anywhere near the design capacity of the pack. This is designed to be a less aggressive approach than using Custom Charge Threshold feature because it is automatic.

Punch Card
erik_h

Perhaps that explains why (on my new T510) the Help file doesn't match the screen.

So: I use my computer mostly on AC.  What, exactly, should I be using in power Manager?  the new version doesn't seem to support any manual changes to charge threshold.

Lenovo Staff
Ken

Erik,

I also responded to your other thread, but we'll bring the custom charge threshold feature back in an upcoming release. For the mean time, use the automatic mode if you are mostly on AC.

Paper Tape
msteffel

Hello,

could anyone please tell me what "Intel Graphics Power Plan" means?

I would have expected a Power Scheme like "High Performance" and "Maximise Battery Performance" that has something to do with the Intel Graphics or the Switchable Graphics but I did not see anything "New" in Power Manager on my W500.

Ist "Instant Resume" a feature that has to be activated somewhere? I did not see it in Power Manager either.

Maybe this is just becaus my System language is German an I am mis-translating it...

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Martin.