Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Taxee

PWMUIAux.exe

I am receiving an error message everytime I boot up my X300 that PWMUIAux.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

A search of the forums does not show anything.  Does anyone know what this might relate to?

Thanks.

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 140
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: PWMUIAux.exe

That process relates to power managment software in your system

try downloading the latest version

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4GXPEG.html 

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
Taxee

Thanks for the advice.

I have downloaded and installed the power managment files a couple of times with no success. I am still getting the following error message everytime that I boot up:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad/UTILIT~1\PWMUIAux.exe

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

Any more suggestions? The system is acting fine, however, it is a pain to get this error message every time I start it up.

Thanks again.
Punch Card
Mad-at

I get a similar Error  from PWMUI.exe under XP Pro SP3 on a T61p. The Powermanager tray app starts fine, but when I want to enter/ start the Power Manager itself, I get the R6034 error.

It started all of a sudden around mid of October.

I've looked up R6034 and it seems to be a missing manifest file in the application calling the C++ redist. dll. That would point to a faulty Powermanager installation.

However, uninstalling of all C++ runtime librarys and the associated patches as well as unistalling the "Power Manager" and reinstalling the Power Manager (wich results in a reinstall of the C++ runtime) didn't lead anywhere.

Now I'm kind of clueless. It seems this could be due to a changed behaviour of the C++ runtime due to a patch - in this case the error would be in the Lenovo Power Manager, but why are there so few people experiencing this?

Punch Card
Mad-at

Ok, it seems I've found a solution to this:

1. uninstall every single MS Framework / Redistributable on your PC, including: VS C++ 2005 / 2008 Redistributable, .Net 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 Framework, XNA Framework Redistributable, restart after this
  2. clean all .Net remnants from your PC using .NET Framework Cleanup Tool - you might have to execute this several times - at least I had to. 
  3. run a / several registry cleaning utility(s) (might not be necessary)
  4. remove any .Net Files and Directorys left on your PC (search your filesystem for .Net)
  5. execute the.NET Framework Cleanup Tool once again (might not be necessary)
  6. reboot one final time
  7. install the Visual C++ 2005 Redist.
  8. Install the MS .Net Frameworks using the .Net 3.5 Framework Redistributable stand alone
  9. reboot
  10. install all the updates Windows now offers
  11. enjoy your working Power Manager again.