Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
the-tester

Re: Password Manager compatibility issue with FireFox 5

[ Edited ]

On the download-page make a right-click on the download-link. Copy that one and paste it into the address-bar. Replace 5.0 with 4.0.1 and you can download it there...

Or just use this link:

http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-4.0.1&os=win&lang=en

(you may want to replace the os with linux if you are not running Windows; replace the language with your string if you are not interested in FF in English)

By the way: You can just "downgrade" from 5 to 4 by installing version 4 (even though the installer will say "upgrade"). It will keep your plugins, etc. as long as you override the v5-files.

Serial Port
Ronald63de

Well, now it's really messed up. I deinstalled FF5 and reinstalled FF4.01. But the error came up again. So I decided to clean up everything. Deinstalled FF, deinstalled the Lenovo patch, removed the traces it left in the registry and did a restart. Then installed FF4.01 and installed the patch. Now, starting up fine without error and the Password Manager 3.0 Add-on shows up in the FF add-on, but, it does not do anything. The password dialogue is never triggered. I can start websites from the password-manager application, but no passwords are filled in. Now I am running out of ideas.....
Vacuum Tubes
Galaxer

It looks like the "solutions" like "do not install anything" are becoming a common practice for Lenovo.

What is the problem to make a FF extention compatible with any version up to 6.x, as soon as FF SDK allows this?!

Simply ridiculous!

ThinkPad 2912-3AG Win 7 Pro 64/ 4 GB RAM / 128 SSD
14,1" SXGA+ - The Last Possible NOTEBOOK Size :smileyhappy:
Serial Port
bobrock

[ Edited ]

@Galaxer

Don't be so frustrated :smileyvery-happy:

Lenovo machines are great! Regarding software they may have a little conservative approach

Anyway I'm happy using my Thinkpad, forgot about Password manager a while ago...

For rest of you, including my wife, who love to use her ThinkPad fingerprint reader i have advice to switch to LastPass or something  simmilar.

Feel free to check following threads in very near future: Firefox 6 , Firefox 7  ...

Regards

Moderator note; links removed as threads linked to also removed

Serial Port
VW_Lupo_TD

not bitching or whining - I know you guys are doing a great job on here - at least in my book, so just wondering if and roughly when there will be a patch for this ?

thanks in advance for any replies.
Paper Tape
ettubrute

Waiting in frenzied anticipation... when can I stop typing all these passwords again? :smileysad:

Serial Port
PSUpete

DITTO + mistyping

/Pete
Serial Port
Mainframer

Another user here who upgraded to FF5 and is anxiously waiting to get their Password Manager functional again.

Token Ring
thitiv

Firefox is more common among business users. Please Lenovo properly look at your plug-in just like others do. More aggressively make your Password Manager compatible with Firefox updates, pleaseeee.

Why haven't I heard anything about Password Manager for Google Chrome at all, by the way?

Twitter @thitiv | Work | ThinkPad W520 (4270-CTO) Core i7-2960XM 2.7/3.7 GHz | 16GB Kingston HyperX PnP DDR3-1866
2 x 256GB Crucial M4 & C300 SSDs | Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 | Ericsson F5521gw WWAN | Ultrabay Blu-ray Burner
NVIDIA Quadro 2000M | 15.6" FHD 1920x1080 | ThinkPad Battery 55++ (9-cell) & Battery 27++ (9-cell slice)

Serial Port
VW_Lupo_TD

guys - any progress on this ?

i am dying without the password manager working !!! ;-)