Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Mainframer

Re: Password Manager compatibility issue with FireFox 5

@JameZ, thanks for the update. Looking forward to the fix.

What's DOS?
krochat

[ Edited ]

@krochat,

Try uninstalling CSS 0.49 and the FF4 / FF5 patch. Reboot then install CSS 0.49 then patch FF5.

I am on a Win 7 32bit too and it works fine.

Thanks - that fixed the "An unknown exception occurred, the patch installation failed" error and it's working fine now.

Since this wasn't originally a Lenovo machine, CSS was probably installed in a path the patch wasn't looking for.

Core Memory
friedmasi

[ Edited ]

@JameZ,

The LENOVO-Website  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

shows for my ThinkPad T61 (6460-8NG) as the latest Client Security Solution 8.0  for XP the version:

Name                                                                                                                Size       Importance  Version      Released  
Client Security Solution 8.0 for Windows XP and 2000
( ,,Windows Essential Business Server 2008 x64,Windows XP )
63.48 MBNormal8.00.031120 Jul 2011> Add to your Download List
Installation instructions for Client Security Solution 8.0 for Windows XP and 2000
( ,,Windows Essential Business Server 2008 x64,Windows XP )
6 KBNormal8.00.031120 Jul 2011> Add to your Download List

You stated in your post dated 07-15-2011 07:42 AM that CSS Version 8.21.0020.00 is the latest.
Which is in fact the latest one?   V8.21.0020.00 (highest version-nr) or V8.00.0311 (latest release date)? 

Does V8.00.0311 also work with the Patch FF5?

Any news for a solution for users in Germany about the Patch FF5?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Thinkpad T61 Maschinenmodell: 6460-8NG - T7500 2x2.2 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 15,4" (1680*1050) - NVidia Quadro NVS 140m - 160 GB HDD --- WINDOWS XP Pro SP3 (32-bit), Sprache: Deutsch
Serial Port
Mainframer

@JameZ,

Here's another example website that doesn't work with the password manager under Windows 7 (64-bit).

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/rewards/index.do

Thanks again.

Token Ring
mjdl

An idea for JamesZ:

Often the Lenovo Password Manager on IE or Firefox will generate false positives, e.g. it will recognize a search form on a web page as an ID/password page and present a dialog asking if it should be added to the Password Manager.

Firefox's own ID/password recognition does not generate such false positives very often, and it still manages to capture virtually all such web login pages.

So my suggestion: change the Firefox Lenovo Password Manager extension so that everytime the user stores or changes information in the Firefox Password manager's own database, the Lenovo Password manager will ask if the user wants to store the information in the Lenovo database; everytime the Firefox Password manager recognizes a form that could be filled with information from its own database, and does fill it, the Lenovo Firefox extension ensures that the user is asked if the information is also recorded in the lenovo database if not already there.

That way, the use of both password managers is largely transparent for the user.

The Lenovo extension could also intercept the request for the Firefox Password Master Password.

Serial Port
Mainframer

For Winows 7 SP1 (64-bit).systems, here's another problem website. This one mysteriously stopped working today: www.fidelity.com. Once on the homepage, in the upper right hand corner click on Log In. The username field is no longer being filled in. Again, this was working fine until today. Thanks.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@friedmasi,

Issue has been escalated to engineering, thanks for the info.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Serial Port
PSUpete

I'm having the same problem w/ FF 5.0.1, CSS .49, and the CSS83_Firefox5_patch on Win 7 / 64 + all current TV SU available fixes installed

BTW, I did remove CSS .45 (boot), FF 4 patch (boot), then install CSS .49 (boot), FF 4/5 patch (exceptions as above + boot).

FF 5.0.1 had been previously installed and running properly (though of course with the old patch extension disabled).

/Pete

Serial Port
PSUpete

Today, I tried to install the Firefox 5 Support patch via TV SU.  It appeared to install and required a reboot.

I then tried the functionality w/i FF 5.1 and it did not appear to work.

I went back to TV SU and checked my Installation History and the patch appeared successful.

I then checked for new updates and the same patch was waiting to be DLed again.

I could NOT views its DETAILS w/i TV SU.

Clues appreciated.

/Pete

Paper Tape
Chris_H1

The links don't go anywhere.  I'm getting linked to a page with a "was this page helpful to you" and {please let us know what you think} textbox.  Help?

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-77138