Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Ernstmuc

Re: Password Manager compatibility issue with FireFox 5

Hi,  first  of all I'd like to say THANK YOU to the people at Lenovo (someotherguy in particular) and to the people here on this forum.

Let me share good news with you.

CSS 8.30.0052.00  and FF 9.0.1 (German) now perfectly working together on my A58 (and on my T60p as well).

Starting point:  CSS 8.30.0049.00 and FF 8.0 / 9.0

My actions (in accordance with the recommendations given by someotherguy) :

1. Download CSS 8.30.0052.00 and FF 9.0.1 (German Version)

2. (as a precaution) Export ThinkVantage Password Manager entries

3. In FF: De-Install ThinkVantage Password Manager 3.20 Add-on

4. Using System Control: Uninstall CSS

5. Using Windows Explorer: Delete Directory C:\Programme\Lenovo\Client Cecurity Solution

Note: Program Files is called Programme in German Version of WIN7

6. Install FF 9.0.1 (German Version)

7. Install CSS CSS 8.30.0052.00

8. In FF allow Automatic Add-on for ThinkVantage Password Manager 3.20 Add-on

Thanks again

Ernst

ThinkCentre A58 Windows 7 SP1 32-bit Professional 

ThinkPad T60p Windows 7 SP1 32-bit Home Premium

Serial Port
vttrainman

Would the same sequence work for those of us still using XP pro except of course substituting the CSS version for XP (8.21.0021.00)??

Fanfold Paper
mafo

Ernstmuc schrieb:

CSS 8.30.0052.00  and FF 9.0.1 (German) now perfectly working together on my A58 (and on my T60p as well).

ThinkCentre A58 Windows 7 SP1 32-bit Professional 

ThinkPad T60p Windows 7 SP1 32-bit Home Premium

Has anybody successfully done this on a German Windows 7 SP1 64-bit system? Or can anybody point out what I should do differently compared to my last attempt at 8.30.0052.00  and FF 9.0.1?

Punch Card
Calabrache

Re: Password Manager compatibility issue with WATERFOX 9

Hello,

has anybody running Win 7 x64, installed WaterFox 9.0 (x64 version of FF 9.0) and have it running with Password manager ?

Paper Tape
lbalcom

Re: Password Manager compatibility issue with FireFox 10

Firefox 10 just released - Here we go again!

... or perhaps not...  PC Magazine says:

"Now, instead of requiring an extension to explicitly be marked by its coder as Firefox 10-compatible, the browser will assume that the extension is compatible if it was programed for any Firefox version back to version 4.

Before, the add-on would have been disabled, unless it was obtained through Mozilla's Add-ons for Firefox page. But Mozilla reports that 75 percent of all extensions in use were not acquired there. An exception here is binary add-ons, coded in compiled languages like C++, which, according to Mozilla's Wiki, "are never compatible between releases and are also the highest risk of negative side effects."

Anybody tried upgrading to Firefox 10 yet?
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

I'm using Password Manager 4.0:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS024984

I upgraded from FF 9.01 to FF 10.0 and it's still working.

Serial Port
vttrainman

So is it OK to install FF 10 when using XP pro?  Can someone from Lenovo (or anyone for that matter) please reply. Thank you.

Paper Tape
lbalcom

someotherguy wrote:

I'm using Password Manager 4.0:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS024984

I upgraded from FF 9.01 to FF 10.0 and it's still working.

I don't want to take us too far off topic here but my reading of the PM4 install instructions is that, in order to migrate to PM4 CSS/PM must be uninstaled and that there is no replacement for the CSS (i.e. a stand-alone PM-less version).  Is this correct?

Another alternative is to just install FF10.0 into the existing CSS/PM configuration (in my case, 8.30.00.0049).  The PC magazine description implies that should be possible.  Has anyone out there done this sucessfully? (for 0052, or 0049 or earlier)

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

lbalcom,
1.  correct - password manager 4.0 does not use CSS.  I wonder what you use CSS for, other than password manager?
2.  I doubt FF 10 will work on CSS build 49.  Most likely you need 52.  I haven't tried it myself, but based on what I know 52 should work.

Paper Tape
lbalcom

someotherguy wrote:
lbalcom,
1.  correct - password manager 4.0 does not use CSS.  I wonder what you use CSS for, other than password manager?.

There is a function called Enhanced Security which enables the security chip. The manual says "The embedded security chip enables the encryption and authentication processes to be transferred from vulnerable software to the secure environment of dedicated hardware."  ... sounds useful to me so I have the security chip enabled but, to be perfectly honest, I don't really know when it comes into play.

I also have the windows password recovery function set-up... so if i forget my windows password (which I've never done) it will ask me a series of questions to let me access my system. 

All things considered, I can live without both of these... but I'm loathe to give up functionality if I don't have to.