Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Ernstmuc

Re: Password Manager compatibility issue with FireFox 5

@JameZ,

After moving to Firefox 5.0.1 from FF 3.6.18 and installing CSS  8.30.0049.00 as well as css83_firefox5_patch_20110707.exe

for most - but not all - websites for which sign-in data is stored in my PWM database the following problem exists:

PWM doesn't fill in the UserID anymore, just the password.

Consequences are:

1. I have to remember (or look-up) my website-specific UserID

2. I have to type in the website-specific UserID.

3. i'm not able anymore to automatically send sign-in data (although activated), e.g. to http://www.comdirect.de.

Please help.

The good news: Sign-in into this forum (http://forums.lenovo.com.....) works as expected.....:-)

Windows 7 (32-bit), FF 5.0.1, CSS 8.30.0049.00, patch/ix applied.

Fanfold Paper
mafo

Hello JameZ, sorry for bothering you, but could you possibly provide a status update regarding the situation for German Windows 7 64 bit systems? My problems reported here two weeks ago still persist. Can we hope that the engineering team is already checking out Firefox 6, scheduled for release on August 16th (according to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases)? Thanks for your help!
Blue Screen Again
kevinf

another problem i've been having with the password manager is that sometimes it fills the fields but doesn't press enter. its a small problem but its annoying sometimes. i do have "auto-submit" option checked too. another problem is that the software wrongfully detects fields as username/password. so even though if there is no need for username or password, it still asks me for a fingerprint. if these problems can be fixed that would be great.

Token Ring
mjdl

[ Edited ]

Just confirming the problems set out in messages 91 and 93, but they are not new with the latest PWM extension release, and there are other, long-standing problems: e.g.. with the prior version, visiting almost any Amazon product page would trigger multiple fingerprint authentication requests.

If Lenovo could figure out a way so that the extension would use the built-in Firefox ID/password web page field recognition capabilities (which rarely make mistakes or miss recognizing fields that are coded in discoverable HTML, i.e. not some kind of inaccessible Flash) to trigger the PWM storage or authentication dialogs, that would be a great improvement.

The Firefox developers are in a much better position to maintain capabilities for this kind of form-field recognition anyway; Lenovo should concentrate on integrating PWM into Frefox.

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

yes these problems that i stated have been present previous builds of the extension too. i'm just mentioning it now because it seems more convenient. lol

Retired Employee
JameZ

@mafo,

I haven't receive any ETA on the German vesion yet however the team said they are fixing this and also the other website compatibility issues as well.

Will drop a note to the team of the release of FF6.

@Ernstmuc,

Would need to check with engineering on that too.

@kevinf,

I get that a lot too on the FF5, doesnt seem to happen to me when I was on FF4

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

now that firefox 6 is out will there be an update for that soon? lol. I haven't updated to firefox 6 so I'm not completely sure whether it will have a problem but I don't want to take the risk.

WWAN
hazart

kevinf wrote:

now that firefox 6 is out will there be an update for that soon? lol. I haven't updated to firefox 6 so I'm not completely sure whether it will have a problem but I don't want to take the risk.

Same here. :smileytongue:

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

The team has released a new patch 1.1 for FireFox 5.0.

For those who was having issue when using German OS Windows please test.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014084 -> Win XP and Vista

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014086 - > Win 7

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

What's DOS?
TorbenB

I have updated to Firefox 6, and Password Manager seems to work fine. Firefox does not mark it as incompatible, either.