Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
btownsend

Password Manager issues (X41 Tablet, Win XP, IE 8)

I am running into issues with ThinkVantage Password Manager.

I was not able to get the Text-and-Transfer tool to work so I exported my password file, cleared the Password Manager (PW MGR), restarted as instructed. I reloaded my passwords and it all looks fine. However, text and transfer still does not work for sites in Internet Explorer 8.0. This is really frustrating because many of the sites I use most have logins and I cannot get them to store in TVPM.

TVPM used to ask if I'd like to store the Username/Password combination but it hasn't done this in about 3 months now. And with Text-and-Transfer not working, it is impossible to add new password combinations.

It used to be you could drag the target to an entry field on a web page, the field would highlight with a red/orange box and it would save. Now, if you drag the target icon it just turns grey and no activity takes place.

Any suggestions on how to fix what is normally a great feature of Lenovos?

Thanks,
Bill

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Password Manager issues (X41 Tablet, Win XP, IE 8)

Hi,

what version of Password Manager are you using?

To be honest I do remember such situations by the old version of PM, where it was a separate tool.

Now it's a part of CSS <Client Security Solution> and by this one I'm not sure whether I experienced such situation.

Let me know the version and if possible update to the latest one.

Rgrds

Serial Port
btownsend

Re: Password Manager issues (X41 Tablet, Win XP, IE 8)

It is Client Security Solution 8.21 and ThinkVantage fingerprint software 5.8.4.