Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
M56Zp9r7

Re: Please help with ThinkVantage System Update

Hi Peter,

I tried to download the Windows Install Cleaner link and it takes me to a search screen, when I searched for the cleaner it could not find it.  I too have all of those update files left on my computer in the sessions folder, but I think I saw other postings on this forum of people saying they were getting errors after deleting files from the sessions folder.  If you have another link to the cleaner I would appreciate it. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
peterearle

Try this website... also Google 'Windows Installer Cleanup Utility' if this one does not work to get other sites...

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility-Download-18442.html

System Update capabilities seem to be more and more frustrating and risky to use and support from Lenovo seems to be non existent.

Fanfold Paper
srbutt

Thanks, the Windows Clean installer, helped me to remove the old installation and re-install the new version of System update.

Regards

Blue Screen Again
M56Zp9r7

Peterearle,

Thank You So Much !

I just did my first update since 2008.  I do agree with you about the Lenovo support which is why I appreciate your help so much.  The link and the Advice were spot on. 

Keep up the Good Work!

You are appreciated!

Blue Screen Again
KeithErickson

worked for me also.

thanks

Ctrl-Alt-Del
peterearle

I have also discovered that you can delete all the files in  the contents of Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\System Update\session (for Windows 7) EXCEPT:

must keep the following.... system / temp  / QuestResponse.xml / updates.ser, or else System Update won't start. My experience is that you can safely delete all other directories.