Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Power Manager Gauge Not Working

@All,

A new Power Manager has been released, appreciate those who are having issues with it to upgrade the Power Manager.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70601&medium=rs...

Power Manager - Version 3.52

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
matusisko

hi,

our issue wasn´t fixed :smileyhappy: still the same error when "automatic optical drive power off" is turned ON

regards

Matus

Retired Employee
JameZ

Thanks for the feedback matusisko. :smileyhappy:

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

What's DOS?
joelc

Hi everyone,

I'm in the same boat. I have a t400s 2801-CTO.

I did a Win7 SP1 clean install, and used Lenovo Update to install the newest (as of today) power manager and power management driver. Getting the same crash error at startup (about 1 or 2 minutes after logging in). IIRC, I think this was happening before SP1. I had uninstalled power manager because of it.

I too use a custom power profile. Now that I've set "Automatic optical drive power off" to disabled, I don't get the error.

(Now I've just disabled the DVD drive to save power, because who uses a DVD drive nowadays anyway?)

Power manager is definitely a handy utility, so I'm glad Lenovo is looking in to this. Thanks to you guys for finding this quick fix!

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

New Power Manager has been released to fix this issue. Appreciate if you can test and revert the results.

Driver here

Text here

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE
  Version 3.59, 3.60 and 3.61

[Important updates]
  Nothing.

[New functions or enhancements]
- Added support for Peak power scheduler for the following models.
    ThinkPad W510,X121e,E220s,E420,E520
  Note:
  To use the Peak power scheduler, the BIOS update which supports the Peak power
  scheduler is needed.
- Added support for ThinkPad X121e,Edge E120,E125,E320,E325.
- Added support for Peak power scheduler for the following models.
    ThinkPad T410,T410i,T410s,T410si

[Problem fixes]
- Fixed an issue where the "There are conflicting power agendas" message was
  shown when more than one "Peak power scheduler" profiles werecreated by Power
  Agendas even though the profiles were not conflicted.
- Fixed an issue where the "Intel Turbo Boost Technology Enabled" message was
  shown on unsupported computers.
- Fixed an issue where the Power Manager showed high temperature error when 
  trickle charge happens in second battery.

Paper Tape
BeckyB

My Thinkpad X100e laptop with 32-bit OS and Windows 7 Professional has been experiencing the same Power Manager gauge issue since downloading an SP1 update as reported by others in this chain. It seems to be frozen, because I am also unable to turn it off in the taskbar from the Options section of Power Manager. The Power Manager Driver update that you recently provided to fix the problem did help, but I am still experiencing the problem intermittently when I power up my laptop and login while plugged into an electrical outlet.  When the issue occurs, the only working solution is to logoff, unplug my laptop from the outlet and login while on battery power so that the Power Manager gauge is forced to begin working in order to show the change in power status.  MyThinkpad is only 6-months old and still under warranty, yet I have already had to replace the hard drive due to imminent failure and now have a "buggy" Power Manager gauge, so I would very much appreciate any help you can offer to provide a permanent solution.  If you need additional information, please let me know.  Thanks.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@BeckyB,

Have you update the Power Manager to 3.62?

Power Manager should be 3.62 (latest now)
Power Management driver should be 1.62.

//JameZ

Paper Tape
BeckyB

//JameZ,

Power Management Driver version 1.62 is already installed, but my Power Manager is the 3.61 version.  I searched the Drivers & Downloads support section under my computer model (Thinkpad X100e 3508CTO) for the Power Manager 3.62 version,  but only the 3.61 version is available.  Would you please send a link to me for the 3.62 version?

Thank you.

BeckyB

Retired Employee
JameZ

Here you go BeckyB

PM 3.62

PM Text 3.62

//JameZ

Paper Tape
BeckyB

//JameZ,

Thank you for the link to Power Manager 3.62.  After installing the update, the Power Manager gauge did not immediately begin working (the same thing happened with the prior update).  So I "booted" the gauge by shutting down my Thinkpad, unplugging it from the electrical outlet and powering up on battery.  The gauge is now working.  If it stops working again, I'll post another message.

Thanks again for your assistance!

BeckyB