Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WWAN
mixz1
Accepted Solution

Power Manager Problems

Since purchase my T61p 6459-CTO has run at about 50 C under normal load, measured by TPFanControl. A few weeks ago I noticed my idle temperature was at 62 C. In hunting around I discovered that my power scheme (Energy Star) had been lost and the selection window in the applet was blank. I selected Energy Star, clicked apply, and within minutes the temperature was back down to 50.

This morning I was back at 62. When I double clicked on the green tray icon, the applet window was blank again, but I was unable to select a scheme because none were there, I pressed the blue ThinkVantage Button and tried to get to Power Management from the productivity center. I got a message saying "You are not authorized to display the panel for selecting a power scheme". Yikes!

Reinstalling Power Management didn't help, so I Googled the error message, and amazingly enough, I was not alone. Another ThinkPad user, with a T60 had the same problem. If you open your registry and go to HotKey_Current_User\Control Panel\PowerPolicies there is a list of power schemes. Evidently, when the list grows too long, the applet fail. Deleting the majority of the schemes solves the problem. See
http://chris.brandlehner.at/Brandlehner/cab_blog.nsf/d6plinks/CBRR-6YWBNV for a more detailed explanation.

But...my problem isn't completely fixed. I have the Max Performance, Max Battery Life, Presentation, Video Playback and Power Source Optimized schemes, but I've lost Energy Star. Frankly, I don't know what to do next.
T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
WWAN
mixz1

Re: Power Manager Problems SOLVED

Found it. You can download the additional profile here:

T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
What's DOS?
majomone

Do you know about any solution fo Win7? Because the page you have mentioned says only about WinXP and Win Vista...

Thanks.

Punch Card
madamd

Yes, I am interested int he profiles for windows 7 too.

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

The Vista package at that web address should work for Win7 also.

(http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=engy-star40#power-pl...)

Token Ring
mstcrow5429

The power usage on battery is far more aggressive than the previous Energy Star default profile, apparently due to increased display brightness to maximum on battery, from a setting of 10.