Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
potatobbq

Power Manager in Vista SP2 freezing

I recently did a clean install of Vista Home Premium SP2 and Lenovo Power Manager is causing random freezes. More specifically, using the power profiles created by PM causes freezes. For example, even if I uninstall PM, the PM created power profiles are not removed and the Vista power management will typically still be running the last power profile selected in PM and my notebook will randomly freeze. Changing the power profile to a default Vista or any user created profiles in Vista power management stops the random freezing. I believe it's a problem with the PM utility and not the PM driver as it doesn't freeze without using the PM utility profiles. I've tried several verions (PM driver/PM util) 1.44/2.20, 1.50/2.43, and 1.53/2.50 and the problem persists. These problems happen on a clean install installing on basic drivers and no applications so I don't believe it's another program causing the problems. Anyone else seeing this same problem?

System:

T61p 8891-CTO, T8300, 4GB RAM, turbo mem

Vista Home Premium SP2

Avira AntiVir

Comodo Firewall/Defense+

Fanfold Paper
potatobbq

Re: Power Manager in Vista SP2 freezing

I've also tried setting the options on the Lenovo PM profile (Power Optimized) to the exact same settings as a Vista default profile (Balanced) and it still freezes randomly. So it seems that it has something to do with the power profile itself and not the options set in the profile.