Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
marcelstoica

Re: Power Manager not working after last update 2.50

I have the same issues with my Lenovo T61, running Windows XP Professional 32 bit.

All above applies to me too: latest drivers, latest software, etc. and only Power Manager does not work at all and crashes every time I login with my initial account.

I said initial because when I've created a new, fresh account, Power Manager start working with this new account. I think this might have something to do with what is stored in the user registry and what values are read from there. The investigations should be done in that arrea as far as I can tell. I don't know what part is used by Power Manager, but I can provide additional debugging info on request, since I kept my old account unchanged (the one where Power Manager doesn't work).

Paper Tape
benfranklin

Did not help me ... I have latest of all four - it still crashes. The Event Log shows:

Faulting application pwmui.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 4b29b32b, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, stamp 49c4f482, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012afb.

Punch Card
zendokan

same prob here, xp sp3, system update today, fn f3 works, but when i want to manage settings, power manager crashes, all my profiles are gone, only "video play" is choosable, i cannot even save new created filed, i unistalled it manually and reinstalled it.

Oh and at windows startup i get message "on executing c: program/thinkpad/utilities/pwrmgrtr.dll,pwrmgrbkgndmonitor an exception happened"

FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLZ!!! I cant run it whole time maximum performance

thx

Paper Tape
stephaneb

Hello,

Believe it or not but I have been nagged by this issue for months now and I finally found a fix.

It seems that it is linked with the content of the HKCU\Control Panel\PowerCfg\PowerPolicies registry key.

My user had hundreds of entries there.

I looked at the default user profile and deleted the user registry section (HKCU\Control Panel\PowerCfg\PowerPolicies) that is not working and replaced it with that of the default user.

After that, Power Manager starts fine without crashing.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Stephane B.

What's DOS?
CGRitschel

Dear Stephane,

you made my day!

Power Manager (PWMUI.EXE) crashes after showing the splash screen, rest of tools (PWMOSD.EXE, PWMUIAux.EXE) working fine.

Eventlog gave me the wrong hint according dotnet framework (.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting, error id 5000, EventType clr20r3, P1 pwmui.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4b29b32b, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4a7cd8f7, P7 f4f, P8 7, P9 n3ctrye2kn3c34sgl4zqyrbfte4m13nb, P10 NIL.). Removing dotnet with MS cleanup tool, removing all dotnet related files and folders, cleaning up registry and reinstalling 2.0, 3.5 + updates did not solve the problem.

Following your hint - Power Manager works fine. Thank you very much.

Regards

Christian

Punch Card
diablodale

[ Edited ]

I'm still stuck. Any advice? Win7 x64, all updates, Power Mgr 3.25. power mgr crashes immediately when I launch.

I have tried:

uninstalling power mgr, power mgr driver.

Deleted all files/directories from C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Utilities

deleted the following reg keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lenovo\PWRMGRV

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lenovo\ThinkPad Power Management Driver

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lenovo\PWRMGRV

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lenovo\BatteryDiagnosticTool

Then reinstalled power mgr and driver.

Still power mgr crashes immediately when I launch it.

Interestingly, if I create a new user, log in to it, and run power mgr from there...its works fine. I do not know how far I would have to go back w/ an earlier power mgr version because for over a year (maybe two now) power mgr has had the bug where it constantly updates the sound scape of Windows (7 and Vista) such that the OS can't find the path for critical alarms because Lenovo writes the wrong value in the registry on each power scheme change (like when you plug/unplug your machine). so you never get to hear critical alarms.