Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
rmukund
Accepted Solution

Power manager: unable to modify alarms values in T420.

Folks,

Am trying to modify the alarms settings for the default power plan using the Power Manager. While it does not complain when I apply the values, the same is not getting reflected when I launch the power manager again.

It was working all along, I don't know what caused the issue. The power option that am trying to modify is "Energy saver". The default alarm is to hibernate the system when the batter reaches 5%. Am trying to put it to sleep instead of hibernate. It does not work.

Please let me know if I need to furnish more information or data in case this is not good enough to point me to a solution. But here is some data that I see in the Think Vantage software:

Product: 4177R35

Power manager version: 3.66 (apparently the latest).

Thanks in advance,

Mukund

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Re: Power manager: unable to modify alarms values in T420.

Can you make that change in other profiles? If so the option my be a none option lock down in the software. Lenovo only could answer that. Someone else with the same machine could confirm if their's is the same.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Paper Tape
rmukund

Am not able to modify any of the preset options. So I tried creating one and setting a value that I wanted, but this one gets reset to a default value too.

Thanks,

Mukund

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Be sure you're logging in as Adminstrator. Sound like that could be the problem.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Paper Tape
rmukund

Thank you Tripplec, my login has administrator privilege, but I may have found a way out.

My modifications get honored when I use the Control Panel -> Power Options -> Edit plan settings. I was trying to make changes on the Power Manager directly. Although the tool did not complain when I made changes and 'applied', it got reset to the earlier (default) values. But with changes through control panel, the tool displays the values that I entered.

I probably should wait and see if the new values take effect during the real run, let me allow the battery to get discharged beyond the values I have set and observe if the alarm actions get honored.

Thanks again,

Mukund

Paper Tape
rmukund

The above mentioned procedure works, although am not sure why modifying the settings in the Power Manager directly wouldn't.