Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
edwin_dejong

Problems connecting WAN - Ericsson F3507g and AC 5.61

Hi,

For a long time i am having problems connecting to WAN using my internal SIM card in the Ericsson 3507g slot.

When I have AC installated, the WAN radio is completely gone in Access Connection.

I tried again installing the last version of AC (5.61) but still the same.

Before installing AC, i installed the last versions of:

- Power management driver (1.60.0.4)

- Power Manager 3.2

- Hotkeys 3.10

- F3507g drivers 1.0.0.52

When I press Fn-F5 the WAN radio dissapeared. When uninstalling AC, it gets back again. 

I am using W7 64x.

I have been searching and found hundreds of sites with problems on the F3507g in combination with AC. But never found the right solution.

Does anyone has THE solution, or should I throw AC in the recycle bin?

Edwin

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Problems connecting WAN - Ericsson F3507g and AC 5.61

Hi,
althought I'm using the WWAN card on XP system, I cannot experience any kind of issue.

However, as I don't have any chance right now to test your situation, I would advice to test following:
- in case you are using Weather toolbar in Win, then deactivate it
- once this id done, go to Device manager and uninstall the Ericson driver
- reboot the machine
- install Ericson driver back
- reboot the machine
- make sure, that the Weathre is still disabled
- start AC and check, if you can select the WWAN in the main AC GUI

The logic is, that Win7 still has some issues and the main issue is when one device should be used by more then one application.
In the situation, that I described above it's AC and Weather forecast toolbar.

Let me know, any update, if this fits your situation.

Cheers

Fanfold Paper
edwin_dejong

Hello,

I tried the options but didn't work out for me. The fact is that with AC uninstalled, I have the option Wireless WAN in Power Management (FN-F5). When I install AC this option dissapears.

Edwin

802.11n
pleon

Well, AC should work, but if not, try original Sony Ericsson wireless manager software, works as well. http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilebroadband/download/wirelessmanager/gc89?lc=en&cc=us
----------------------------------------------------
Lenovo T440s, 20AQ0067MC, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T430s, 2356LQG, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 520 SSD 180 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T420s, 4171-6SG, Windows 8 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 320 SSD 120 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T400s, 2808-CYG, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
gan
Topics: 4
Kudos: 111
Solutions: 108

[ Edited ]

If using AC with the Ericsson F3507g adapter and you ever installed some old driver for the F3507g make sure you uninstall any previous driver for the F3507g before you install the latest version of the driver found here:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73681

Some of the older drivers for the F3507g need to be uninstalled (from "Uninstall or change a program" under "Computer") before you install the latest version or the Fn-F5 will stop working for the F3507g when installing AC. Also AC will not be able to use the F3507g. The Sony Ericsson Wireless Manager as referred to will not work with the latest version of the driver for the F3507g adapter. So using the latest driver you need AC or just use the built-in Windows support.

If this doesn't solve your problem could you check if you have the services named "AcPrfMgrSvc" and "AcSvc" and check if the services is started and set to start automatically? If not started what happen if you start them manually?

Also there is a Access Connections version 5.62 available.

-gan