Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
TEMPEST

R&R not completing - 170GB Data to 1TB USB External

R&R was telling me that My 170GB of data would no  longer fit on my 300GB backup drive so I bought a 1TB external USB drive.  I figure that should be enough space to keep R&R happy.

Any ideas why R&R wont complete to my new drive?  It ran for about 9 hours and then simply said it did not complete.

Is it possibly looking for the old drive that I used to backup to?  I can't figure it out and the "did not complete" message isn't too helpful!

I have R&R 4.30.0025.00.  It is on a ThinkPad Edge 15 w Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: R&R not completing - 170GB Data to 1TB USB External

It sounds like you have many months (years?) of backups stored.  I'd recommend trying to delete all backups and starting over with a fresh backup.  Start by deleting the most recent backup first, then work your way back to the earliest backup.

Serial Port
TEMPEST

I am creating this backup to a new 1TB external drive.  There is nothing on the drive yet.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Oh - sorry I missed that detail.

Go into Disk Management (type Disk Management into the start menu) and post back here with a list of each volume, the capacity and free space. 

Most common cause for this problem is not enough free space on one or more of the volumes.