Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ferris

R&R not working--how to access partition or get disk

[ Edited ]

We have a situation in which we have a directory structure but no system files, it seems. R&R is not accessible--It wants passwords the machine never had (this is my wife's X60 tablet). Once we undelete our own files from the hard drive, how can we access our original software on the partition and reinstall a fresh system?

Failing that, how can we get a disk with the Windows XP Tablet version on it? I have no Windows license key, to my knowledge. Everything was in that partition that R&R is supposed to seamlessly restore. Where do I get it? What does it cost?

--Tim Ferris

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

216-xxxxxxxxx

Moderator Note; e-mail & phone number edited.

Message Edited by andyP on 04-14-2009 11:12 PM
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ferris

Re: R&R not working--how to access partition or get disk

In reply to my own posting--

You know, I thought I was asking a fairly simple question, looking for help, looking for service. I got nothing, except that the message was edited.

This community seems moribund. Are my expectations too high?

Serial Port
zachareth

Re: R&R not working--how to access partition or get disk

Hi Ferris,

Do you mean you can't do a complete system recovery? Am i right to say when u press the Blue button at startup u can't get to the R&R window?

One question: have you made a set of recovery disks for safe keeping just in case the partition is corrupt? 

Pls do explain ur problem in more detail. I'm happy to help even though I'm just a novice.