Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
nicktodd

Recovery CDs

I'm sure something of this nature has been brought up before, but yeah. I think my hard drive's gonna need replacing, and yay, my extended warranty just expired a month-½ ago. My machine (7764CTO) was delivered with Vista Ultimate x86, but preload CDs install Windows 5.1... So how do I get Vista CDs, and which ones? NO, I do not want Windows 7, especially when 8 is coming out.

I probobly should mention RNR was unsucessful at completely repairing anything this time.

Community, thanks in advance (should you help)

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Recovery CDs

Hi,

If I understand you, your machine had Vista installed, but also came with XP "downgrade" optical media?

The machine is an X61 tablet?  I confess to no experience with that one...

If you have an external burner, you should be able to use R&R to burn a set of factory recovery media - Vista CDs or DVDs in this case.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Fanfold Paper
nicktodd

Exactly, downgrade media. Wasn't aware that's what they were, how oblivious of me.

I tried R&R's restore to factory feature. Wound up with a fresh XP.

Broadband 3G
JDay

[ Edited ]

nicktodd wrote:

NO, I do not want Windows 7, especially when 8 is coming out.

I probobly should mention RNR was unsucessful at completely repairing anything this time.

Community, thanks in advance (should you help)

Windows 7 is much better than Windows 8, no need for a touch screen interface on a laptop (buy a tablet for that). I have it installed in a virtual machine and cannot stand it. However you can get the Vista discs from the link below.

http://www.thinkpadrecoverycds.com/x61.html

EDIT: I know the x61 is technically a tablet but do you really use it as such?