Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
stevem
Accepted Solution

Recovery Not Working

Recently installed Rescue Recovery 4.21 and created recovery media and system backup on DVD.

Soon after I had a problem with my system and could not boot windows.  I have my key data backup elsewhere, so 

tried to recover Windows (XP) and applications.  Rescue Recovery has been inconsistent and has not run to completion.

Initially I had a menu of items to choose from.  Selected System Restore.  Asked me to insert Final Disc from my backups.  Sometimes it would recognize the disc, and other times system would just stay idle (like 30+ min).  Several times RR seemed to process the disc, but then got to end and indicated the r3ecovery failed because it couldn't find the disc.

Recently I've tried recovery again, but get no menu.  After initializing I get a mesage to restore backup made to CD/DVD please insert disc labeled Final C)  I've done that, selected "OK" button.  Another pop-up comes up with OK button, selected that and now system just goes idle.  Nothing happening with DVD drive or hard drive....

Sounds like my only alternative is to start with factory install - what a real pain.  Any other suggestions?

Fanfold Paper
stevem

Re: Recovery Not Working

Solved
Paper Tape
amitkumarajain

Re: Recovery Not Working

How did you resolve this error. Even I am getting this error however there is nothing that i am able to do to solve this. Meanwhile i was also surprised that when i created the rescue media only 6 discs were created instead of 7 as i read somewhere. Is it possible to get the content of the 7th CD.