Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
bo1953

Rescue & Recover From Iomega eGo Drive... Help!

Hello all...

I have backed up my T61 to an iomega eGo 1T USB drive. I now have to restore my full system and cannot get R&R to restore the drive.

After opening the R&R program (I used R&R to back up the full drive) click on Restore, then click Full Restore and reach the screen for Backup location, nothing shows. Even when clicking All, nothing shows up. The drive is shared and I would think it would show up, yet nada...

How do I get it to recognize the eGo drive? I have used every possible appropriate location shown in the drop down box without success.

What have I failed to do? Thanks for your input and suggestions...

TIA..

T61, 6465, Vista
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Rescue & Recover From Iomega eGo Drive... Help!

Tell us more about what you are doing...

- why do you need to do a full restore?

- how are you booting the system to run R&R?  Are you booting to a rescue CD, booting to Windows (*** see below), booting to F11, or something else?

*** if you are booting to Windows, is it the same Windows installation you've always had, or did you re-install Windows prior to trying to do the restore?

Serial Port
bo1953

someotherguy wrote:

Tell us more about what you are doing...

- why do you need to do a full restore?

- how are you booting the system to run R&R?  Are you booting to a rescue CD, booting to Windows (*** see below), booting to F11, or something else?

*** if you are booting to Windows, is it the same Windows installation you've always had, or did you re-install Windows prior to trying to do the restore?

My T61 is corrupted and there are a few spyware components which I cannot remove. I also have a proprietary program from work which cannot be re-installed due to a current sql problem.

My system boots up 'normally' as it were and I go into TV R&R which is in my Program menu to enter it. I did have auto back up, full disk to the eGo drive so I would not have to worry about it.

To summarize, I can boot up and use my system with some caveats, I do need to restore the full system to rid it of the spybots and other such. I had removed the partition on the local hd for restore as it was taking up too much space on the hd. The reason I purchased an external hd.

TIA and I do apologize for the previous duplicate post.

SS

T61, 6465, Vista
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Try rebooting your computer and at the ThinkPad logo screen, immediatelly start pressing F11 to boot to the Rescue and Recovery environment.  Then try doing the full restore from there.

Serial Port
bo1953

someotherguy wrote:

Try rebooting your computer and at the ThinkPad logo screen, immediatelly start pressing F11 to boot to the Rescue and Recovery environment.  Then try doing the full restore from there.

sog: Thank you for the input. My question is, upon arriving at R&R page, my only real option is 'factory recovery' and nothing is showing for the backups made to the eGo hd.

Is this the same? I Am looking at all locations and each other location available to no success or so I believe.

Thank you again for your input and assistance...

Bo1953

T61, 6465, Vista