Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
nuntawat

Rescue and Recovery 4.3 on Win7 doesn't see a backup in external hard drive

[ Edited ]

Hello. I have a serious problem when using Rescue and Recovery 4.3 on Windows 7 x64 (non-OEM version). It successfully backed up to a external hard drive, which has 3 primary partitions (according to the Disk Management in Windows) and one of them has Windows Vista backup from previous version of R&R, and it can be seen in R&R on Windows environment but when I look up the backup in R&R workspace (I mean pressing the ThinkVantage button during the boot), it doesn't be shown in any simple or advanced mode. What should I do to access my backup on Windows 7? Thanks a lot!

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Rescue and Recovery 4.3 on Win7 doesn't see a backup in external hard drive

Hi,

first of all please note, that if you have RnR backup files, that have been captured using one verison of RnR, then these files cannot be retored, or sometimes not even viewed using the currently <different>  installed version of RnR.

Add 2:

The other partition, that you can view in the WIndows might be only a virtual partiion, that might be created using Rescue and Recovery, once it gets installed. This virtual partition can be seen only in case you are in Windows, or you open the currently installed RnR version and try to restore.

You only remarked, that you have used also other RnR version. Could you describe it a bit more.

Cheers

Ctrl-Alt-Del
nuntawat

Re: Rescue and Recovery 4.3 on Win7 doesn't see a backup in external hard drive

Herik wrote:

... You only remarked, that you have used also other RnR version. Could you describe it a bit more.

My computer is ThinkPad T61 which comes with Windows Vista RTM (no service pack). I updated the Rescure and Recovery to 4.21 and then backed up. After Windows 7 officially sold, I bought it and then did a clean install in my computer.

Herik wrote:

Add 2:

The other partition, that you can view in the WIndows might be only a virtual partiion, that might be created using Rescue and Recovery, once it gets installed. This virtual partition can be seen only in case you are in Windows, or you open the currently installed RnR version and try to restore....

So I must delete another partition which has the backup from previous version of RnR in order to view the current backup?