Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
wrnoof

Rescue and Recovery - Can't find moved Network Backup Files

Am running RnR v 4.21.0016.00 and have this problem.

Our IT department moved my entire network share to a new server for legitimate reasons. The old server is still running and still has my old share on it except that the old share is now empty.

When I run RnR, it still attempts to store the backup on the old share and server. I cannot get it to remap the storage location to the new server and share. The mapdrv.exe utility does not run even though I switch backup locations to my local hard drive and then back again to "Network". Any suggestions on how to get RnR to pick up the existing backup location that was moved to the new server and use that? I will even settle for starting all over on the new server, but there doesn't seem to be any ability to switch servers with this software.

BTW, I have resigned myself to running RnR as "Administrator" when backing up to the network, but not being able to map to a new network server may be about where I draw the line with this software.

Paper Tape
segetis

Re: Rescue and Recovery - Can't find moved Network Backup Files

Check your registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTAWRE>LENOVO>MND>RESCUE AND RECOVERY>UNC

Change the path to whatever it suppouse to be...

Hope it helps.

Punch Card
wrnoof

Yes, it worked just fine as long as I continue to run RnR as "Administrator". Still have the problem of mapping to the network when running as my own user ID. It's useless in that mode.
Punch Card
wrnoof

By the way, I didn't mean to sound unappreciative. Thank you very, very much.