Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
becheverri

Rescue and Recovery - RRbackups taking 10GB on my hard drive

Good afternoon.

I've got a Thinkpad T60 with Vista Business.  I need to free up some diskspace.  I found a hidden folder RRbackups, which is taking up at least 10GB.  I've deleted the two backups I ran via Rescue and Recovery and yet there was no change in the size of the RRbackups.

I'm using Windows System Restore to create a full backup of my computer and I'm using ArcSoft to create backups of individual files and directories.  So I do not need the Lenove Rescue and Recovery at all (other than the factory image, which I want to keep, of course).

Any suggestions for disabling the rescue and recovery backups that seem to be created and updated daily would be welcome, as would suggestions for how I can delete the files already created.

Many thanks in advance,
BE
Lenovo Staff
rayc_lenovo

Re: Rescue and Recovery - RRbackups taking 10GB on my hard drive

The steps to turn off RnR scheduler will vary some depending on your version.
If you have RnR 4.1 or newer:
- go to Advanced RnR settings
- go to Set Schedule and Preferences
- uncheck "Schedule your backups"

To delete current backups:
- from Menu bar, select "Advanced" --> "Delete Backups"
- select the backups to delete, then select "Delete"
Paper Tape
Joank31

HELP! Losing 5GB memory daily!!!!

I need a brilliant genius to answer this...I have a brand new R61 with Vista.  Came with 250GB memory...but am losing 5GB of memory DAILY.  I'm NOT adding additional software that would eat up this memory.  I have Norton anti-virus and security firewall and consistently use Registry Mechanic.  What's happening???   :smileysad:

Retired Moderator
carbon_unit

Re: HELP! Losing 5GB memory daily!!!!

I assume you mean hard disc space, not memory since your computer will not hold 5 gb of memory. There is a big difference between the two when troubleshooting.
Go look at Thinvantage Rescue and Recovery. See if it is doing a daily backup. 5 gb per day sounds about right for a daily backup. Disable it if you want to.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
Paper Tape
Joank31

Great idea! 
Went to Recovery & Restore, but I'm unable to "disable" this function.  At my wits end, should I completely uninstall this function?

Paper Tape
Joank31

I have RnR 4.00.0117.00 and am unable to find "Advanced" in a menu bar to delete files taking up megaGBs!   Help please.
Paper Tape
Joank31

[ Edited ]
Also, I have RnR 4.00.0117.00.  
Where do I find and how do I delete these massive files?

Note from Moderator: Please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you.

Message Edited by nonny on 04-24-2008 02:15 PM
Paper Tape
magicdanw

Take a look at this post.  Apparently, you need to launch the R&R utility directly from the Start>Programs menu in order to access Advanced settings.  No idea why...