Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
kirkande

Rescue and Recovery Who Supports it?

I am using Rescue and Recovery 4 Version 4.20.0512.00.  I am getting an error everytime I try to pick a file to restore.  Is this something I have to pay the "Lenovo Experts" for?

I go to the advanced menu and select restore individual files and then I get the following error:

WIZRR MFC Application has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

Here is the information from the event viewer:
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2008-04-16T15:44:28.000Z

EventRecordID 2420

Channel Application

Computer Kirk-PC

Security

- EventData

wizrr.exe
4757278d
ntdll.dll
4791a783
c0000374
000aada3
3a8
01c89fd8bf5db70e

Any ideas of how I am going to restore files from my backups?

Thanks,

Kirk

Fanfold Paper
andrewsi

Rescue and Recovery "Restore Individual Files" crashes 100% of the time.

I did a "Back Up Now" from the ThinkVantage Productivity Center on a brand new T61P running Vista SP1.  The backup completed successfully.

Now I launch R&R (latest version, 4.20.0512.00), go to the "advanced" version, and click Restore individual files.

A "Rescue Files" dialog starts to come up, and then application then immediately crashes with a mesage that "WIZRR MFC Application has stopped working."  I assume it's using MS's WER to report the crash back to Microsoft, but no further info is available, and it just dumps me back into the main R&R application at that point.
What's DOS?
hedbob

Re: Rescue and Recovery Who Supports it?

I got the same error and haven't been succesful yet to restore anything so onwards I am using another backupsoftware and recommend everyone else to do the same (or atleast try BEFORE doing any backups).

Hopefully some at IBM/Lenovo would give some kind of explanation but I strongly doubt they ever put anything here due to they supportstructure. I have only send them one question, they refused to answer, the question concerned the drivers from  "broadcom inc." (ethernet, bluetooth etc), they didn't work properly and the downloadable drivers from the online-support could'nt install.  Lenovo say freesupport is 30days but in reality this happend only 30, - 4days delivery from internetstore, - 4 days wait for Lenovo to answer, 22days after first use. This information is easily checked from the system online so this kind of stories is **bleep**.

Before I purchased this Lenovo 3000 I used an IBM x40 powered by XP, that machine worked liked a dream until HD-failure some month after warranty expelled (3y).  After all this softwareproblems (there is more.. ) with this machine I probably won't give them another shoot. That's a pity i think!

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: Rescue and Recovery "Restore Individual Files" crashes 100% of the time.

Andrew,

Will see if we can find some advice for you here.    Thanks for sharing.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
kirkande

Mark,

In your response to Andrew are you responding if we have to call and pay for the support through "Lenovo Experts" or are you locating a support avenue for this bug?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Lenovo Staff
bloo

kirkande wrote:
Mark,

In your response to Andrew are you responding if we have to call and pay for the support through "Lenovo Experts" or are you locating a support avenue for this bug?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

You should not have to pay for support for this issue.

--
Full disclosure: Lenovo issues my paychecks.
Fanfold Paper
kirkande

What number do I call and who do I speak with regarding this issue so that I do not have to pay for this support?

Thanks,

Kirk
Paper Tape
rmaciag

I found a little solution - you can start you PC in Restore Mode - pres F11 when it is booting... Then this stupid error does not apear. One time it worked for me, but right now I don't see any files in my backup when I select it in that mode. This is really flustrating. One thing that one could demand from this software is to be reliable. Maybe someone know how to overcome this problem under R&R in normal system mode?
Punch Card
mfox

Re: Rescue and Recovery Who Supports it?

[ Edited ]
Who supports it is an EXCELLENT question when it comes to the software pre-loaded in what is now the LENOVO image.  If you call IBM they no longer answer any questions in regards to software.

I used to call IBM Business Partner support but they do not seem to care to help us with anything other than hardware problems now, which I never need help with anyway.

Who do we call for support on the pre-loaded software included with, for instance, an M57 ThinkCentre. 

?

Message Edited by mfox on 05-02-2008 08:50 AM
Fanfold Paper
NashcoMan

I consistently get the same message and have never been able to restore an individual file.    I am running the most current version of R&R  (4.3) and my Windows Vista Business is fully patched.