Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
neebster
Accepted Solution

Rescue and Recovery and Client Security solution question

I got a thinkpad edge e220s for home use and I am trying to figure out whether these two thinkvantage tools will be of any use to me since I am not on a company network or anything (all the marketing material mentions IT admins etc).

Is rescue and recovery just a backup solution with disk imaging (like ghost)? I use a drobo for all my data storage so I am not too concerned about backups as the drobo offers redundancy in case of drive failure. The laptop has an SSD which doesn't have a lot of capacity so I do not want unnecessary tools that will take up a lot of space. However if rescue and recovery offers really helpful features then i might consider installing it (and just not using the backup feature). I could not make out what the marketing material meant by one button solution for viruses and crashes.

Secondly, does client security solution offer features other than password vault/manager on my model? I am already using the beta for the new version (4) of password manager which is standalone and does not require client security solution. Again the marketing material does not help a home user like myself understand it very much.

Any help will be appreciated!

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Rescue and Recovery and Client Security solution question

Based on your description I don't think Rescue & Recovery or Client Security Solution have any value for you.