Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
rimakus

Rescue and Recovery and mcafee endpoint encryption

just an fyi. Maybe it will save someone hassle. Apparently mcafee endpoint encryption and rescue and recovery are not compatible My company uses mcafee solution to protect data. IT installed corp image and wiped recovery partition. They also missed most of updated lenovo drivers. I have installed Lenovo solution center and followed all suggestios to update drivers etc. And then I followed its solution to install rescue and recovery... And after reboot i got a mcafee message that endpoint encryption is not installed... Apparently rescue and recovery modified MBR of the disk making laptop unusable. Now will have to chase IT guy who installed my laptop in order to recover it. Lenovo developers please add additional check into rescue and recovery install to at least warn user of potential issue if mcafee endpoint encryption is installed. Thanks.
What's DOS?
rimakus

Re: Rescue and Recovery and mcafee endpoint encryption

Bump
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

I'm not sure what answer you are looking for.  R&R modifies the boot loader, and other software can also modify it.  From R&R perspective, we can't possibly know every other piece of software that modifies the boot loader, or know when an existing boot loader is already installed which is incompatible with R&R.

If your company uses Sophos Safeguard or WinMagic SecureDoc, instead of McAfee Endpoint Encryption, the same scenario would work.

More information about the R&R boot loader is in the R&R deployment guide here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/guides-and-manuals/detail.page?DocID=UM007642

McAfee should have tools that can repair its boot loader.

What's DOS?
rimakus

So far you listed 3 major products. I think check for these products could be easily implemented.