Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
jerryk2007

Rescue and Recovery for G530

What/where is the download for the R&R proc for my G530 4446-23U.  My TV Toolbox recommends that I have one and I would like to comply.  R&R 4.3 does not install on my machine.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Rescue and Recovery for G530

Hi,
you can try to install following RnR version:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4Q2QAK

HOWEVER, please note that, this version of Rescue and Recovery might also work with other systems that meet the system requirements. However, no testing has been done with these systems and no support is provided for using Rescue and Recovery on any system other than those listed as a "Supported system".

So unfortunately your system was not fully tested for RnR

Cheers

Fanfold Paper
jerryk2007

I have already tried that R&R version but installation does not complete.  I get the message that the program can only be installed on select models and that installation cannot complete.  Am I missing a step?

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

no you are not missing any step.

Unfortunately this is the design of the application. Your system is currently not selected as supported, so it will not work for you.

Sorry for this info. Currently i don't have any info, when your system will be one of the supported for RnR.

Pelase let me know, if you have any add questions to this situaiton.

In case your don't have any other question, then please feel free to mark this thread as closed.

Cheers

What's DOS?
dieterg

Hi

I have also a G530. It originally came with Rescue and Recovery under Vista. Now I upgraded to Windows 7 which was possible for it because of the upgrade Window set by MS last year. I tried to install the compatible R&R, but failed for the afore mentioned reason. You understand that I would like to have my working copy of supplemental software for this laptop.

Please help!

What's DOS?
dieterg

I used the windows 7 backup utility. Cool stuff!