Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
Marshalhubs

Re: Rescue and Recovery

If no power cut than it may be possible there is some virus attack which can corrupt the OST or PST file during the backup. Scan your system with latest anti-virus to rescue.

What's DOS?
Marshalhubs

Secure your computer with latest anti-virus but some PST file is already damaged at this situation PST file recovery possible by Stellar Phoenix PST Recovery Software.

What's DOS?
vibha

I am facing the similar issue. I need help desperately.

I bought Thinkpad T 61 with Windows Vista. I upgraded to Windows 7 recently. The system gave harddrive error so I tried rescue and recovery option. I used "RESCUE AND RECOVERY" CD which came with the laptop when I bought it. I copied my data in USB drive and as per the instructions used the CD to complete the first step. In the end it asked me to remove the CD and restart. I cliecked ok and restarted then took the CD out.

Now everytime I restart, "Rescue and Restore console opens". When I select "Restore my system" it gives me two option

1>) Restore personal files .....( I am assuming that would be in my USB drive)

2.) Restore operating system only..................( which was backed up in Rescue and recovery CD).

When I select first option and then choose "USB drive" from the list of backup restore media, the "next" button doesn't activates, so I cannot move from there.

When I choose the second option and select CD/DVD option, it asks for a CD labelled "Final C" and doesnt recognizes Rescue and Recovery CD which in the first step I was asked to take the backup.

I have windows 7 OS CD. My biggest fear is my personal data which is backed up in USB drive and apparently I cannot recover it with normal copy/ paste, seems have to go through the said restore process to get that back.

Also, everytime systenm starts it goes to Rescue and Recovery console, so I have no way to install windows 7 OS from scratch.

I knwo its a long description but really need help.

josephpollacco wrote:

Hello I have a new W520 with windows 7

I have tried many times to backup my files with an external USB with the RESCUE and RECOVERY

After many hours of backing up, I get the following message:

"The backup did not complete successfully"

Before the error message is says that it cannot backup my Emails file.

I re-downloaded the RESCUE and RECOVERY software and I get the same error message.

Thanks,

Joseph

What's DOS?
vibha

I have saved my personal data in extrenal hard drive as part of rescue and recovery process but I cannot read it or copy and paste in typical setting. How can I recover that data from my extrenal hard drive?