Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
domaxx
Accepted Solution

Rescue e recovery windows 7 don't work

I have two thinkpad w500 and x301 with installed w7 64bit and w7 32 bit. I don't succeed in making a backup of the system. when throwing immediate backup the laptop jams and  I am forced to force the turning off. I have RR 4.3.

thanks for your reply

Thinkpad W530 i7-3820qm 20gb 128gb ssd+ 160 ssd FHD backlit
Paper Tape
raschus

Re: Rescue e recovery windows 7 don't work

Make sure you don't have a "hidden" window waiting for you to answer about an open file not being able to backup..  I ran into this on my W500 with Win7 x64 bit... It will find 12+ files and if I hit retry it works... But several times I thought it hung and later discovered that a hidden window was waiting to be answered... Not sure why it does in the end I get it to backup.. They need to change this program or give a setting to ignore files it can't backup and then tell me later...

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

yes, I'm agreed with the prevkious post. this is usually the cause.
Once you have it fixed, then surelly add these files to the exclude list, so that it will not happen again.
 I assume, this will be mostly Antivir files, which are sensitive, when some other application is "reading" them.

Cheers

Blue Screen Again
domaxx

Thanks for your answers!! The problem is resolved! before making RR depart, it is necessary to disarm the antivirus. The problem is NOD32.

Thinkpad W530 i7-3820qm 20gb 128gb ssd+ 160 ssd FHD backlit
Serial Port
butre

i am still unable to make this work

i disabled all the esetnod32 services but the backup still sits at 100% not allowing me to do anything on the laptop

i cannot do alt+tab to see behind the other windows, if there is another window i cannot get to it and i basically have to force a shutdown (holding down powerbutton) to make this work

i have now had this on 3 different laptops, all the laptops that had symantec AV installed did not have this problem, so eset could be the issue but i have not yet found a way around it (perhaps making the backup before installing eset? but what do i do for incremental backups)

any other suggestions would be welcome (btw am running RR4.3 on windows 7 32 bit (professional)

cheers

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

cool great post. Thank you for the ocnfirmation on the fix.

An Antivir application is a sensitive part of OS and is highly protected, which might cause such issues.

Cheers