Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
mchannon
Accepted Solution

Restoring Factory Contents

I have replaced my IBM 8175-A50 with a new Lenovo PC.  I will be giving away the 8175 and therefore wish to restore it to the original factory contents.  I have run Rescue and Restore which seem to process the five product recovery disks correctly.  However rebooting the system only brings up Rescue and Restore.  Any suggestions on how I might get Windows to setup or start?
Paper Tape
mchannon

Re: Restoring Factory Contents

I have finally solved the problem although I am not 100% sure why!  This time, when requesting Rescue and Restore to restore the factory contents, I indicated I wanted both disc partitions reformatted.  This then triggered the factory preinstallation process. 
What's DOS?
berie

So how exactly did you do that. I am having the same problem right now and have not found a way yet...

Paper Tape
mchannon

Hi Berie,

When you run the restore process you are asked whether you wish to have both disk partitions reformatted.  When I replied "yes" the recovery process worked correctly.

regards,

Mike

Fanfold Paper
w9ndu

Can some help me my wireless wifi is not working I was told to download 6hcx41ww I did that for the think vantage connections it said IM missing files I had IBM on the phone for 2hrs with no help

someone help

TX

Barry

t400-7417 thinkpad