Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
anonymous100

Specifying Drive on which to run RR

RR has option to backup to an external hard drive. However, I somehow can not get it to backup to the drive I want. Option list USB external hard drive and 2nd USB external hard drive. However, I have 3 external hard drives. Every time I defaults to another drive. The only way I can drive it to a particular drive is by dismounting the other 2. Can you please tell me how I can designate whether it should go to d, g or h drive.

PS I posted two issues a couple of years ago and I see nobody ever responded to them. Don't know what I am doing wrong that it is not getting any attention. Please advise. Thanks

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Specifying Drive on which to run RR

R&R wasn't designed with 3 external drives in mind.  My advice would be to unplug all but one of the external drives when you want to take a backup with R&R, or else find some other backup software that doesn't have this problem.  Sorry to have not have any better idea about this.

Paper Tape
anonymous100

I can not believe that since that RR has not been modified over the years that 3 or  more disks are available

DAF
802.11n
DAF

[ Edited ]

Good question! Now if you look closely you will notice a lot of old IBM code. Lenovo added the "Simplified R&R GUI"   a few years ago but if you look at the "Advanced R&R GUI" that's from the IBM days.

Even with its inherent quirks, it still is my backup utility of choice. I have found that all my recoveries are perfect  to the point that I quit using the Windows System Restore which can leave a mess behind. I do a backup once a week.

E420, i5, 8GB, 500GB/7200, 32GB mSATA, Win 8.1 Pro x64
T61, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid, Win 8.1 Pro x64