06-20-2010 05:29 PM
I saw a posting from summer of 2009 where a Vista user noted this same behavior -- no soluton was provided. We would like (need, actually) to run System Update on ThinkCentre desktops and Thinkpads over an RDP connection. When the System Toolbox opens and System update is selected, the SU4 splash screen appears, closes and the app never continues. If I logon to the PC locally, SU works fine. We never had this problem under XP (we skipped Vista) but now we see the problem in Win7 (32-bit).
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-22-2010 12:21 PM
to get this situation fixed, please do following:
- go to %programfiles%\Lenovo\System Update
- right-click on the tvsu.exe and from the context menu select Properties
- once you have the nw window, then go to "Compatibility" tab and check the box that is next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- in the combobox, that is below this option, please make sure, that you have following option selected:
Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
- confirm all changes and double-click on tvsu.exe which will start directly als you will see the TVSU GUI.
This nice thing, is that you can do these changes to the system also viw RDP and the result will be the same
Please note, that I have tested this on Win7 x64 so the path to the tvsu.exe is %Programfiles%x86
Let me know, if this worked for you, because I have just tested it and it's working fine.
06-22-2010 01:45 PM
Yes, worked like a charm...thank you so much. I found nothing on the Lenovo web site that addresses this issue. Fortunately, Slovakia is just a few clicks away from New Jersey, USA.
06-22-2010 02:01 PM
You just made my day.
Slovakia and few clicks away, that's good.
In case this is fixed for you, then please mark this thread as fixed/closed.
08-28-2011 10:33 PM
Ok, that's fine that a workaround resolves this issue, but WHY is it doing it in the first place, this is absurd that one has to tell the Lenovo System Update Software that is NOT compatible with Win XP, that it is running on Win XP in order to get it to run via a RDP session????
that makes Perfect Sense to me NOT.
thank you for the workaround, when will Lenovo be fixing this glaring issue?