Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HPC
Blue Screen Again
HPC

System Update 4 won't install on W500/Win 7. (Lenovo Support unhelpful and have stopped responding).

Hello Forum,

I am trying to solve a problem I have trying to install System Update 4.0 onto a Thinkpad W500 running Windows 7.

I did have System Update 3.14 running a while ago and was told to update to 4.0 but to date I have not been able to install this. Version 3.14 was uninstalled successfully and a reboot was done before the install attempt. Version 4.0 starts to install and then comes up with an error message.

Lenovo Support were contacted via email and the only suggestion that was given was to completely format the laptop and re-install Windows Vista from the Lenovo disks, (they did at least supply these). This I find an unacceptable solution to the problem as version 4.0 is for Windows 7 only and therefore negate this, but the major issue is I want to fix this issue, not downgrade the whole OS.

The error message reads; "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Temp\pftD377.tmp\setup\psainst.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

They have not contacted me since the 13th July, even though I replied to their message on the 13th, and again on the 22nd July.

If anyone knows how I can escalate this within Lenovo I would appreciate the information.

Apologies if this is the forum or thread for this, but as Lenovo are so unresponsive, they left me no option (and I haven't resorted to bad language and abuse hurling).

Many thanks all.

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: System Update 4 won't install on W500/Win 7. (Lenovo Support unhelpful and have stopped respondi

If you can take the pain, you could try kenningar's solution at the bottom of this page.  Might help.

Re: System Update 4.0.0046 install fails on Windows 7 SP1

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

HPC
Blue Screen Again
HPC

Re: System Update 4 won't install on W500/Win 7. (Lenovo Support unhelpful and have stopped respondi

Many thanks zoltanthegypsy,

I will give this a go later and see how it goes, and feedback.  I did do a search for a solution but that one never came up.

Still a bit miffed and slightly annoyed that Lenovo have known about this since March and appear to have done nothing. Also their sudden unresponsiveness to my support call is shocking.

**** If anyone from Lenovo want to contact me, feel free! ***

Thanks Again.

HPC
Blue Screen Again
HPC

Hello Zoltan,

I have tried the info in the link without success.

I have managed to speak to someone at Lenovo via telephone, who suggested that I update my chipset drivers. This I did and this has made no difference to the issue and it now looks like Lenovo do not want to assist with installing their software.

I was asked if my system was up to date with all Lenovo software, to which I answered, "I don't know, if I had System Update 4.0 installed I could find out."

I would really appreciate any further help anyone could give.

Thanks.