Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
rfph0to

Re: System Update fails with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system...

Alright, looks like the servers are back online! I tried it again this morning and it worked perfectly!

What's DOS?
aljohri

Re: System Update fails with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system...

It's still not working for me on a newly bought X220t

What's DOS?
ajmitchell

Well, I tried again yesterday and it worked correctly for the T510.

Punch Card
Radioguy

I'm sorry to hear deleting the xml files didn't work.

I believe the server, or my connection to it, went offline while I was retrieving a package, and that it became corrupted. In my situation, deleting the model/type xml forced SU to re-download the whole package, and that seemed to fix my problem.

Perhaps that's not the sole reason for this error, though.
T61 - 6465CTO - T7300 - WSXGA+ - 4GB - 100GB - X3100 - Win7 Ult 32
Paper Tape
lukoski

[ Edited ]

Update service is down again [at least for my T500]. Got stack at fresh install of win7 64 with notice mentioned above . Plz do sth about it becouse downloading it manually is a nightmare. Thx

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

Seems the server cache needed to be refreshed.  Please try again and let me know if it works for you now.

Paper Tape
-Rif-

Is there still no certain solution for this issue?
I just bought a new E125 and having the same problem.
strange thing is in my old T500, system update works with no problem..
by the way how can I refresh the server cache?
WW2
Serial Port
WW2

Just experienced this on a T400s.  Closing System Update then re-opening it a couple of times took care of the problem.

What's DOS?
vmay02414

Hello,

I am having the same error problem.  Uninstalled system update and installed the new version 3.1 for Vista for the T61 6465CTO.  Please help!

What's DOS?
vmay02414

Lenovo Staff,

Would you please refresh hthe cache and hopefully the update will work?